It is essential to check your Lausd email for important notifications regularly. When accessing your email on a web browser (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Firefox), you now go to mailbox.lausd.net instead of mail.lausd.net. Check out the LAUSD schools calendar.
Log in with your full email address, including “…@lausd.net” (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
Table of Contents
How to log into your LAUSD email via web
- On your web browser, navigate to mailbox.lausd.net.
- Enter your LAUSD email address.
- Next, enter your password.
- Successful login to Office 365 mailbox.
- Upon successful login, your LAUSD mailbox will be accessible.
Find out how to access Schoology Lausd.
Students must reset their LAUSD email password at the beginning of each semester using a four-digit pin, which they get from their teacher.
If you access LAUSD email on your phone or other mobile devices, all you have to do is re-add your account using your device’s settings (learn more about how to do this below).
How to find lausd student id number
Your LAUSD Student ID is a 10-character field, composed of 6 digits, 1 letter, and 3 digits. LAUSD StudentID provides an identity service for other student data from District or vendor sources, allowing the data to be matched with the appropriate student.
The StudentID application assigns a unique Student ID to District students, allowing student data to be shared across systems and school years.
You can find your LAUSD student ID on Schoology. Watch the video below.
To request access to Student ID,
- Navigate to https://studentid.lausd.net and log in. Your access will be denied, but you will be added as an “Inactive” user. You will receive an automated email confirming this.
- Download form StudentID Access Request Form (PDF).
- Fill out the form, sign it, have your supervisor sign it, and transmit it to the Student Information Support Branch.
- The Student Information Support Branch will process the form in 2 or 3 working days.
- You will receive an automated email when your account is activated.
How to access lausd email on outlook
Using Outlook to access your LAUSD Exchange email account is generally fairly easy to do. The steps to take may vary depending on the version of Outlook you use.
- Open Outlook.
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Select Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, click on New… to add an account.
- Type your name as you would like it to appear on email messages you send to people, then type your LAUSD email address in full, your account password, and then type your password again to verify.
- Assuming all information is correct, Outlook will return a screen that says Congratulations! Your e-mail account is successfully configured to use Microsoft Exchange.
- Select Finish to complete the process. You will notice Outlook starts to download data from your account. Depending on how many email messages, calendar, and address book items you have on the Exchange server, it may take a while to synchronize everything.
How to access lausd email on Mac
To set up Outlook for Mac, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook for Mac. On the Tools menu, click Accounts. If this is the first account you’re creating in Outlook, under Add an Account, click Exchange Account.
- If you’ve previously created an e-mail account for a different e-mail address, in the lower-left corner of the Accounts dialogue box, click +, and then click Exchange.
- On the Enter, your Exchange account information page, type your e-mail address (i.e., Joe.Smith@lausd.net).
- Under Authentication, make sure the User Name and Password is selected.
- In the User name, type your complete e-mail address (i.e., Joe.Smith@lausd.net).
- Make sure Configure automatically is selected, and then click Add Account.
- After you click Add Account, Outlook will perform an online search to find your e-mail server settings. In the dialogue box that asks you if you want to allow the server to configure your settings, select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click Allow.
- If Outlook is able to set up your account, you’ll see the account you set up in the left pane of the Accounts dialogue box. Close the Accounts dialogue box.
How to set up Lausd email account for your android phone
Follow the steps below to set up your LAUSD mailbox (after migration to Office 365).
- From your android phone, select Settings…Accounts…Add account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Type your LAUSD email address and your password, then select Next.
- Ensure the Domain\Username field is set to your LAUSD email address. The Server name should be set to outlook.office365.com
- On the next screen, click OK.
- On the following screen, leave the default settings and click OK.
- The following screen will appear. Click Activate.
- The setup is now complete. Click Done.
- To access your Office 365 mailbox, open the Email app.
How to set up your LAUSD mail account on iPhone
Follow these instructions on accessing your Office 365 mailbox on an Apple iOS device, e.g. on an iPhone or iPad.
- In the main screen, select Settings.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
- Tap on Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your hosted LAUSD email address in the Email field, your LAUSD password in the Password field, and LAUSD Mailbox in the Description field. Then tap Next.
- On the next screen, select the information to synchronize with your Office 365 account and then press Save.
- You will find yourself back on the Mail, Contacts, Calendar screen. You may adjust your mail settings according to your preferences if desired.
- Tap the Home Button on your device and open the Mail app where you can access your LAUSD mailbox.
Contact the LAUSD IT Helpdesk on (213) 241-5200 or submit an online service ticket at itdscweb.lausd.net for technical assistance if you are unsure of your LAUSD user email address or password is.
Lausd student password set up
You can activate a user account, change or reset your password, or change the way your information is stored in the District’s global address book by visiting our Single Sign-on page.
- Open your browser and go to mylogin.lausd.net
- Select Student
- Next, select “Activate your Account or Reset your password”
- Read, agree, and accept the LAUSD policy
- On the next page, input your
- District ID
- Date of Birth
- Select “Next”
- Input and re-enter a secure password. Select “Submit”.
For Office365 accounts, allow up to 10 minutes for the new password to start working with your LAUSD email. Update your mobile device and all tablets with the new password.