eCentennial is an online student portal that offers several services for Centennial College students, including access to course assignments and materials, a discussion board to communicate with classmates, and information on class standings and grades.
Centennial College’s eCentennial online student service is powered by the Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace Learning Management System.
The user interface of this platform offers you many options and services. The downside of this is that it can take some time to find everything you need.
Table of Contents
How to log into eCentennial
Here is how to use eCentennial.
To log in,
- Navigate to e.centennialcollege.ca.
- Enter your username (your existing myCentennial ID).
- Enter your password.
- Click “Sign In” to access your dashboard.
How to access your courses
After an instructor has uploaded a file to eCentennial, any student enrolled in the course can access it.
- Log into e.centennialcollege.ca
- Click Content in the top bar.
- Content for the entire course (for example, a course outline) will appear at the top of the page.
- To view the content for a specific week, choose the week from the side menu.
- Click the title of the file to open it.
- You can pin your semester courses to easily access them.
- Also, you can use ReadSpeaker, which allows you to “listen” to course content on eCentennial.
Take note of these terms.
Asynchronous: Asynchronous is anytime entry into the course through the learning management system used by the College (eCentennial). This is the space where you find the materials to study, discussion places, group dialogue spaces (if there is one for your course) and other activities. You can log in and work in this space at any time. Identified on your timetable as “TBA” (no assigned times) courses.
Synchronous: Synchronous refers to a live online class, accessed through the learning management system used by the College (eCentennial), where your professor asks you to “attend” at a specific date(s) and time(s). There is a schedule for these sessions.
Check out: Centennial College Web Registration Guide.
New students login
After accepting your Offer of Admission from Centennial College, you will be emailed a student number and a temporary password. Use this information to log on to my.centennialcollege.ca.
After you log in, you will be prompted to fill out your password and enter some personal information.
You will then be able to log on to eCentennial by clicking the eCentennial button on your myCentennial homepage or by navigating to e.centennialcollege.ca.
You will not access any courses on eCentennial until you are officially registered in your program for your first semester.
Quizzes, assignments and grades
After studying the course materials, you can submit assessments through eCentennial. You can also take quizzes and see your grades using the Learning Management System.
How to take a quiz on eCentennial
At Centennial College, instructors can add quizzes directly to eCentennial, giving you a chance to assess your learning. Make sure to note the date and time the quiz will expire – it’s listed under the quiz title.
- Log into eCentennial
- Click Quizzes in the top bar.
- Click the title of the quiz you would like to take. You will be taken to the homepage of that quiz.
- Click Start Quiz!
- Click OK on the popup box. If you do not want to take the quiz, click Cancel instead.
- Answer the questions. Make sure to save your responses by clicking Save underneath each question.
- When you are finished, click Go to Submit Quiz.
- If you are sure you are done, click Submit Quiz. Once you submit the quiz, you will not be able to redo it (unless your instructor has specified otherwise).
- Confirm that you want to submit the quiz by clicking Yes, submit quiz on the popup box.
How to submit your assignment via dropbox
Assignments given by the instructor can be uploaded to eCentennial using Dropbox. Dropbox checks your assignments for plagiarism and sends them to your instructor.
- On your dashboard, click Dropbox in the top bar.
- Find the title of the assignment you would like to submit and press it.
- Press Add a File.
- Find the file you want to add to your computer and click Choose.
- Add any comments in the Comments text box.
- Press Submit.
How to view your grades
If your assignment is graded but does not have any specific feedback, you can view your marks using the “Grades” page.
- On your dashboard, click Grades in the top bar.
- Your grades will be displayed by assignment and will show the points achieved, the weight achieved, and the letter grade.
myCentennial is the student portal or a hub for everything at Centennial College. You can access eCentennial, myApplication, Office 365 email, myCard, My Timetable and change your password.
The new Centennial College Mobile App, available for iOS and Android, provides access to your personal schedule, grades, eCentennial, myCentennial College events and more.
Your personal course schedule will be available on the app with the touch of a button, and you’ll have maps of each of your campuses to find your way there. If you want to know how your last test went, you’ll be able to look at your final grades on the app as well.
How to change your myCentennial password
Changing your ecentennial password can be done via the myCentennial dashboard.
- Login to myCentennial
- Click on “My Account” in the top left corner of the webpage.
- Under the “Change password” section, enter the following:
- Enter your current password in the “Current password” field.
- Enter a new password in the “New password” field that follows the “Password Requirements” outlined on the right of the page.
- Enter the same new password that you just created in the “Confirm password” field.
- Click “Save Changes” on the bottom right corner of the webpage. You will get a message saying “Your password has been successfully changed,” click the “Back to myCentennial Tab“.