GoCSN is a single sign-on application that allows College of Southern Nevada students to access their CSN and personal applications (like MyCSN) from one site and one login.
Table of Contents
What is MyCSN?
The “MyCSN” student portal is a “one-stop” gateway for accessing many college applications and tools. Through the portal, you have access to the following:
- 24/7 access
- An informative Checklist of “to do” items
- Readily available access to all communications from the college
- Shopping cart style registration convenience
- Advanced planning tools
- Much more.
MyCSN can be accessed via goCSN login.
How to log into goCSN
To access goCSN and other resources.
- Navigate to csn.edu/gocsnlogin.
- Enter your NSHE ID Number.
- Then, enter your password.
- Click Login to access myCSN resources.
How to activate myCSN account
Before accessing your MyCSN student account, make sure you validate your account and register your password.
To validate your account,
- Click here to validate your CSN student account.
- Click on the Account Validation link.
- Enter your NSHE ID (ten-digit number) and last name as it appears on your CSN admissions email.
- Enter your Identification Number (PIN). It is the last four digits of your social security number (SSN).
- If you did not provide your SSN on your admissions application, enter 9999.
How to reset your password via GoCSN.
- Go to go.csn.edu.
- Select the Reset Password link from the Additional Links box located on the GoCSN login screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. Create a password that includes the following:
- Must be at least eight characters long
- It cannot include any part of your username, first name, or last name. (forward or backward)
- Must include at least one upper case letter.
- Must include at least one lower case letter.
- Must include at least one number.
- Must include at least one unique character.
- It must not be an old password.
How do I complete the registration process?
You must complete the registration process to ensure your place in classes.
To complete your registration:
- Log in to GoCSN.
- Select the ‘MyCSN’ tile.
- If required, log on to MyCSN using the same login credentials.
- Click the “Enter MyCSN Student Center” link.
- Click the “enrollment shopping cart” link.
- Select the classes you wish to enroll in by checking the box next to the class.
- Click the ‘Enroll’ button.
- Click the ‘Finish Enrolling’ button to complete the process.
- Remove courses that you are not planning to enroll in using the delete button.
CSN Email refers to email and other productivity services enabled over the Internet (cloud services). CSN Email includes full downloadable versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, Access, and Publisher applications that run on your PC or MAC desktop or laptop, as well as mobile versions for tablets and phones.
What is your CSN username?
Your username is your NSHEID.
When you log in to GoCSN, Canvas, MyCSN, campus computers, or other CSN systems, you use your NSHE ID. It is a 10-digit NSHE student ID number. To log in to your CSN Email account you need to indicate to Microsoft which email/school you belong to, so you need to include “@student.csn.edu.” So to log in to your CSN Email, your username will be “NSHEID@student.csn.edu”. Use the same password you use to log into GoCSN. Whenever being asked to log in to a system, use your username/NSHEID.
For convenience when communicating with others, CSN provides an email address as an alias to your username. Your email address is “FirstName.LastName@csn.edu,” except in rare cases where a number (e.g., 01) is added to the end. This happens when you have the same name as another student and you are informed about this address when you validate the account. You can find your alias email address using a couple of methods:
- Email your personal account from your CSN account. It will display your email address in your personal account.
- Log in to your email, click your profile picture in the upper right (maybe only your initials), click My Account, and click Personal Details. Your email address will be listed under Contact details.
The ability to forward your student email account to another email address is not available. It is essential to regularly log in and check your CSN Email to find important messages related to Financial Aid, Campus events, and more.
How to set up CSN email on your IOS device
If you choose to use the Native Mail client on your mobile device, follow the instructions below.
- Under the Settings app, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select the Add Account option on the screen.
- Select Exchange from the Add Account Screen.
- Enter your Email address using this format: email@example.com
- Enter your Exchange Password in the Password field and then tap Next.
- Edit the Description field (this is optional) and then tap Next in the upper-right corner.
- iOS will verify your settings, and if they are correct, you will quickly see little checkmarks appear next to your settings, and the screen will change.
- On the resulting Exchange screen, set the following:
- Mail – Set it to “ON.”
- Contacts – Set it to “ON.”
- Calendars – Set it to “ON.”
- Notes – Set it to “ON.”
- Tap on the Next button to complete your setup.
- Server Information: outlook.office365.com.
How to set up CSN email on your Android device
- Some Android users may see a slightly different menu of options when configuring their devices.
- Tap the Settings app on the phone.
- Tap Accounts.
- Swipe down and Tap + Add Account.
- Tap Exchange (Some users may see it listed as Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync).
- Enter your Email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org and then tap Next.
- Enter your Exchange Password in the Password field and then tap Next. Some Android devices will auto-configure at this point; however, Google Nexus devices need to enter the Server information manually, so swipe down and edit the Server field to read outlook.office365.com and then tap Next.
- Tap OK in the Remote Security Administration window that appears.
- Tap Next to create the account.
- Tap Activate at the bottom of the Activate Device Administrator window. Edit the Account Name field (this is optional) and then tap Next to complete setup.