iCollege is Georgia State University’s learning management system (LMS) powered by Brightspace by D2L.
The interface is simple to use, making you easily browse through your courses.
You log in by using your CampusID username and password.
Table of Contents
How to log into iCollege
To access Georgia State icollege,
- Navigate to icollege.gsu.edu.
- Click “CampusID Login”.
- Type in your CampusID.
- Enter your CampusID password.
- Click Log in.
- To log out, click the Profile icon in the upper right corner and click Log Out.
My Home is your starting point inside iCollege. From here, you can set up your profile, change your password and email address, edit your preferences, and access your courses.
You can also read news items and access any organization-level content, links, discussions, or other available resources.
How to access your courses in iCollege
Your Course Home is the first page you visit when you enter a course. Like My Home, it contains your personal tools and different widgets for displaying course-specific information and content.
- On the Georgia state university icollege home screen, click the menu icon to open up your list of courses.
- In the drop-down menu select your course.
- From your My Home page, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click View All Courses to see all of your courses.
- Find your course by either searching for it in the search bar or finding it from all the courses listed below it.
- To get back to My Home and click the “X” in the upper right corner.
How to create your personal profile
Filling out your profile is optional, but this feature is a great way to get to know other users. If you are not comfortable revealing certain information about yourself, simply leave the profile or a particular field blank.
Your profile information may be available through the Classlist, and your profile picture may be shown next to your discussion posts and your name in class lists.
Follow the steps below to create your personal profile in GSU iCollege.
- On the home screen, click the Profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Click Profile.
- Fill out the desired text fields with your information.
- To upload a profile picture, click the Change Picture.
- Then click Upload to select your picture, then click Add.
- When you are finished, click Save or Save and Close.
How to change your account settings
- On the home page, click the Profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Click Account Settings.
- Use the tabs across the top of the page to view and change different account settings. When you are finished, click Save or Save and Close.
What is iCollege email?
iCollege mail is used for course-specific communications between you, your instructors, and classmates. It is not integrated with your GSU student email account, PantherMail.
This email tool allows you to send emails from within Learning Environment. You can also organize received mail using folders and store email addresses using the Address Book.
How to use icollege email
- On your GSU iCollege homepage, click the Envelope icon.
- In the drop-down menu click Email.
- Click Compose at the top tool menu.
- In the Message dialog box enter the recipient’s email address or click the Address Book icon at the top of the page to locate an email address from your Address Book.
- Type a subject for your email.
- Type your message.
- Click Upload to attach a file if you want to include an attachment to your email.
- Click Send.
How to set up course notifications in gsu icollege
Using the Notifications tool helps you stay up-to-date with your iCollege courses by enabling you to receive instant notifications about course events (such as dropbox submissions, discussion messages, and news updates) and change the email and SMS notifications options for your courses.
- On the Notifications page, click the Register your mobile link.
- In the “Register Your Mobile” form, select your Country and your Mobile Carrier from the dropdown menus, and enter your Mobile Number.
- Click Save.
- After you receive a registration confirmation code on your mobile device, enter it in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Confirm.
- After confirmation, you can also set the maximum number of messages the system can send your mobile device per day. To do that, click No Limit and select the preferred number. When you are done, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
How to exclude courses from notifications
- On the Notifications page, click the Manage my course exclusions.
- Click the Exclude icon beside each course you want to exclude, or click Exclude All Courses to stop all course notifications.
- To restore excluded course notifications, click the Restore icon beside each course you want to receive notifications from, or click Clear course exclusions to restore all excluded courses.
- Then click Close.
- When you are finished, click Save at the bottom of the screen.