HKU Library, also known as HKUL is an essential part of the educational facilities provided to you by the University.
The Libraries advances the teaching and learning, research, and knowledge exchange pursuits of the University through its outstanding resources, people-centered services as well as innovative and collaborative approaches.
The University of Hong Kong Libraries is a central resource for research and knowledge discovery.
The Libraries consists of the Main Library and six branch libraries, namely the Dental Library, Fung Ping Shan Library, Lui Che Woo Law Library, Music Library, Tin Ka Ping Education Library, and the Yu Chun Keung Medical Library.
Of scholarly interest are Special Collections which houses a unique collection of Hong Kong materials, rare books, pamphlets, and microforms.
Table of Contents
How to access hkul
To log into hkul,
- Go to lib.hku.hk
- Enter your HKU Portal UID or Library card number
- Then, enter your password.
- Click on “Submit” to log in.
A valid HKU Student/Staff Card will enable you to visit the Libraries. HKU Alumni and eligible HKU SPACE students can apply for a library card.
Members of the public wishing to access the library resources can apply for a Circle of Friends membership. Find out more at HKU Libraries Homepage > User Information.
HKU Portal UID and PIN are distributed upon admission registration. The Portal account provides single sign-on to University services and facilities, including the Libraries.
Your library account will be ready in 1-2 days after the Registry issues you the student/ staff card.
What is Find@HKUL?
Find@HKUL provides a one-stop search for books, e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more in HKU Libraries.
The search can be extended to all 8 UGC-funded university libraries in Hong Kong through HKALL.
- Enter keywords, a title, or an author’s name.
- Choose a scope:
- Books+: Print and e-books, journal and newspaper titles, theses, audio-visual materials, and more.
- Articles+: HKUL subscribed to online articles including journal and newspaper articles, conference papers, and more.
- HKALL: Collections in all 8 UGC-funded university libraries. You are also entitled to request books from other local academic libraries through the Hong Kong Academic Library Link (HKALL).
From the search results page, you can:
- Use any combination of facets such as show only, subject and resource type, etc. to limit the search results.
- Click the title to show more item information.
- Check item location, status, call number, and more.
- Cite, email, or save the item to My favorite. Click the dots for more options
- Access an e-resource, e.g. ebook, article.
Check your library account
- Click “Menu” at the top right corner of the Find@HKUL page.
- Click “MYACCOUNT@HKUL” to sign in to your HKU library account.
- Enter your HKU Portal or Library account and PIN.
- After login to your library account, you can:
- Loans: Display your loan record and renew.
- Requests: Display your requests.
- Fine+fees: Display details of outstanding fines and processing fees in your account.