HKU Moodle is a centrally managed learning management system (LMS) for the University of Hong Kong. The system allows you to access powerful, flexible, and engaging online learning materials.
Table of Contents
How to log into HKU moodle
Moodle HKU can be accessed via HKU Portal. To log in,
- Navigate to hkuportal.hku.hk/
- Enter your UID.
- Enter your PIN.
- Hit the “Login” button to access your dashboard.
- Select the My eLearning tab on your dashboard.
- Access your HKU Moodle courses by clicking the “Access” link under the column “Moodle course”.
As a student, you may enjoy the interactive Moodle online learning experience that the central Moodle system brings you.
For every course you have enrolled in a semester, IT services automatically create its corresponding Moodle course homepage at the beginning of a semester and enroll you into this course with a student role.
During the course add/drop period, your enrollment will be reflected on HKU Moodle with a half-day lag.
Check out HKU Library Guide.
If your teacher has uploaded course materials and made the course available for your access, you can log in to the Moodle course via the My eLearning tab of the HKU Portal to start participating in your online learning activities.
How to update your moodle profile
As a user, you are recommended to review your Moodle profile and make sure the information is correct when you first log in to the HKU Moodle platform.
To update your profile,
- Go to the user profile page.
- Click the profile picture icon on the top right-hand corner in the HKU Moodle page, select “Profile”.
- To edit the profile information, click “Edit Profile”.
- (Optional) You can upload your own profile picture under the “User picture” section.
- Click the “Update profile” button at the end of the page to save the updated information.
How to change your moodle password
Only guests can change their Moodle guest account password through Moodle.
To change the password through Moodle HKU;
- Log in to your Moodle guest account.
- Click “Change password” under the Settings block on the left-hand side.
- You can change the password by entering “Current password”, “New password” and “New password (again)”. Please click “Save Changes” at the end of the page.
How do I access HKU Moodle?
Students should login their Moodle courses via HKU Portal => My eLearning
How can I view PDF file in iPad?
You cannot use the iPad to view PDF files on Moodle. Only the first page of the PDF file can be shown and you cannot scroll the file to the next page. You are recommended to download the file on your own PC and transfer the file to your iPad.
Does Moodle HKU have daily down time?
A daily data maintenance job of Moodle runs at 2:15am for about 2 minutes normally. Users may experience login or access problem. We would recommend users avoid logging on Moodle during this period.
Where can I login using a guest account?
Guest needs the following information to log in to the Moodle platform: Go to hkuportal.hku.hk/moodle/guest. Log in with your Guest username and password.
What is the function of the box next to the activity item?
The tick in the square box next to each activity is only for users to mark their progress on the Moodle course. You can manually tick the box if the item is already read.
Who can see my blog on Moodle?
All HKU Moodle users can view your blog posts on Moodle. DO NOT post any sensitive/private information by using blog function.