Humber Blackboard is Humber College’s primary Learning Management System and allows the university to transform the traditional classroom into the digital realm.
Table of Contents
How to log into humber blackboard
To access your Blackboard course site, you are required to login to learn.humber.ca
- If you are logging in for the first time, you will be given a temporary password from the ITS Service desk. After you log in, you will be prompted to change your password.
- On the site learn.humber.ca, you will see a login like this.
- Enter your username (the same as MyHumber) and then add @humber.ca after the username and hit Next.
- The next field will ask for your password.
- Finally, log into humber blackboard.
- In the menu on the left side of the page, click on Courses.
- When you see the course listed, click on your specific course code in the middle of the page. If you click on this, it will take you in to that specific course site.
- Once in the course site, look for the menu down the left side, this is your course navigation menu.
- When starting your course, check for things like a Getting started section, Announcements or a Critical path. These tools will help answer some questions you might have about what is expected or when things might happen in your course.
Check Out: How to access myHumber Student Portal.
Need Humber Blackboard help?
If you receive an error message stating “your credentials can’t be authenticated,” it may be an issue with your password. The password is case sensitive, enter it exactly the way it was generated.
If you still have problems logging in to Blackboard, you may need to contact the IT Support Centre at 416-675-6622 ext. 8888 ( press option 0) for assistance.
Getting started with Blackboard is simple, but watch this helpful video below to guide you through setting up and accessing your Blackboard account.
Humber blackboard collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a high-quality, browser-based web conferencing platform built into your Humber Blackboard course. It offers a more collaborative, interactive, and mobile learning experience for you, your instructor, and your classmates.
Your instructor may schedule real-time webinars in the course through Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. And as a student, you may be required to attend an online session. Follow these instructions to learn how to access the session from the Humber Blackboard course site.
Note that your instructor controls which tools are available. If this tool is not available, your instructor may have disabled it.
How to join a blackboard collaborate ultra session
- If your instructor has set up a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session for a certain time, you will log into Humber Blackboard within that time frame and click on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra on the left hand menu bar as shown in the image below:
- Click on the Name of the session that your instructor has created:
- You will now be entered into the Blackboard Collaborate Session. If this is the first time you have accessed a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session, you will be presented with an orientation tour as shown below:
- After the tour, you will be prompted to set up your microphone and web cam so you can start collaborating as shown in the image below. Be sure to set up your microphone/speakers and web cam.
- You will now join the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra webinar for your course.
- Once you have joined a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session, click on the white action arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This will open the chat screen where you can view previous messages sent by other classmates or your instructor.
- At the bottom of the screen, type your message in the textbox that reads “Say something…” and press the Enter key on your keyboard to send the chat message.
Missed a session with your instructor and they have posted a recording?
Here is how to find it.
- Click on the menu to get the side menu to pop out.
- Select Recordings to see all listed recordings.