KeanWise is Kean University’s information portal for students to access their grades, schedules, financial aid information, and every other essential for their experience at the university.
Every student at Kean will have to utilize WebAdvisor at some point in their journey. It is an essential platform consisting of everything from students’ grades to their schedules and financial aid.
Table of Contents
How to log into KeanWISE
- Log onto your web browser.
- Navigate to the Kean website at kean.edu.
- On the blue bar on the Kean main web page, click on the words “KeanWISE.”
- The main KeanWISE login screen will open.
- Click on the “Log In” button in the upper right-hand corner. This will bring up the login screen.
- Enter your user name and PIN.
- Your user name is the first letter of your first name and your last name, i.e., Martha Mobley = mmobley. Your user name is limited to eight letters.
- If your last name is longer than seven letters, only the first seven letters of your last name should be used, i.e., Cathy Sullivan = csulliva. All letters should be entered in lowercase.
- Your original PIN is your date of birth.
- This information should be entered without any slashes or dashes, as in the following format: mmddyy. For example, date of birth – January 2, 2003, would be entered as 010203. If you changed your PIN last semester, enter the new PIN. Click the “Submit” button after entering your user name and PIN.
- Click on the Submit button to log in.
- If you have never used Kean WISE before, the system will require changing your PIN after your initial login.
- Create a new PIN. It must be between six and eight characters. It is suggested that you use your initials and birthdate as your new PIN, i.e., mmm010203. Write this PIN and keep it somewhere safe for future referrals.
- Follow the directions on this web page and click the “Submit” button when finished. This will bring you to the KeanWise main menu.
The User Id is the same as a username. It is a sequence of characters that is used for identification. A user ID along with a password gives you access to Kean University’s online services and applications such as email, Internet access, network, registration, etc.
After your Username is activated, you are responsible for your accounts for the duration of your Kean University career. It would be best if you treated your usernames and passwords as private personal information.
This means that you should not give out your account information to anyone. Kean University will not request your account information at any time unless you have called a Kean University department such as OCIS Help Desk or an authorized campus representative for assistance. Remember that your passwords are case-sensitive.
How to reset your KeanWISE password
- Click on the Student link on KeanWISE login portal. If you’re a prospective student, click on the Prospective Student link.
- Then, click What’s my password.
- Click I Don’t Remember Reset My Password.
- Select the email account that is on file.
- The password will then be sent to the email account you selected.
How to search for a class in KeanWISE
- Go to the KeanWise link and click Prospective Students at the top right-hand corner.
- Click on Search for Sections. You do not need to log in to see the course listings.
- Click on the Term drop-down menu, then select the desired term (ex. summer 2022).
- Choose the class you are looking for under Subjects, Course Levels, Course Number, and Section.
- For Kean Ocean, type OCC in the Location box.
- For the listing of classes, click the Submit button.
- Click on the blue links for a detailed description of courses.
How to use Student Planning to register in KeanWise
Below is a video guide on how to register via KeanWise
To use Student Planning to register in KeanWise,
- Log in to your KeanWise account.
- Once logged in, select the Student from the options listed on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Under Academic Profile, select Student Planning.
- Option 1, Go to My Progress. This will take you to view your degree audit. For Option 2, Go to Plan & Schedule gives you the option to plan and register for courses.
- Selecting “Go to My Progress” will give you a view of your program requirements and the status of each. The top section will provide you with information regarding your program. The bars represent the progress that you have made towards completing your selected major.
- Below, you will see broken down by categories the courses required to complete your major requirements.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions provided for each requirement. Different colors identify the statuses next to the courses. Completed or In Progress courses will display in green, Planned courses in tan, and courses not started in red. Note: Adding courses to your schedule in preparation for registration can be accomplished in more than one way. The following steps will show two different methods to accomplish this.
- Method 1: Select a course number from any section in the degree audit page that will take you to the course catalog. This section will find information about the course, such as a description and prerequisite/co-requisite details. You can use the filters on the left side of the screen to further narrow your search.
- If the course schedule is available for the next semester, clicking on the “View Available Sections” will display all the course sections that are being offered.
- Selecting the “Add Section to Schedule” will add the course to your schedule. A message will appear; click on “Add Section.”
- A confirmation message will appear in a green box at the top of the screen.
- Method 2: Courses can also be added to your schedule by using the course catalog. It can be accessed from the My Progress page by using the drop-down menu under Student Planning.
- The catalog is listed in alphabetical order by subject.
- You can search the catalog by scrolling down the list or entering several letters found in the desired subject. This will narrow down the list so that you can make the appropriate selection.
- Depending on the selected subject, the course catalog will color the course’s status that is part of the major’s requirement. You can add the desired course to your plan from the list by clicking on the “Add Course to Plan” button.
- A message will appear, select the term to add the course to and then press the “Add Course to Plan” option. Following this option will only place the course on the course schedule without a specified section number.
- A confirmation email will appear in a green box at the top of the screen.
- Return to the schedule page to view the selected course on your course schedule.
- From the left side of the screen, select “view other sections” this will display all the available course sections. Make note that there may be more than one page of available sections for the course. The sections are visible on the calendar and the sidebar. Note: This view allows you to select sections that will not conflict with other course sections that were previously selected.
- Hovering over a specific section will highlight it on the calendar. You can add the desired section by clicking on it on the calendar or the sidebar.
- Once you have selected the box below will appear, click on “add section.”
- You will see a confirmation message at the top of the screen.
- Repeat the steps as needed until you have made all course selections with available sections. The courses on the calendar and in the sidebar will be colored tan and labeled as “planned.” This does not mean that you are registered for the courses. If registration has opened, the “register now” button will be highlighted. If it’s not open, the button will be grayed out. You can register all courses at once by clicking on the “register now” button or individually from the left sidebar by clicking the “register” button.
- Once you have registered for all courses or an individual course, you will notice that the color of the course on the calendar and the left sidebar will change to green with a status of “Registered.”
- Once you have completed planning your course schedule for the upcoming semester, you can use the “Request Review” button under the Advising tab to request your advisor review your planned semester courses. In the note box, you can send a message with any questions or concerns to your advisor.