My Sac State is your secure student portal to manage your Sacramento State University account and to access the technology services available to you through the university, including your @csus.edu email.
The Student Center (mycsus) Offers course registration, links to Canvas, Smart Planner, and the KEYS to Degree Toolbox, official grades, financial aid information, unofficial transcripts, tuition/fee payment, and more.
Table of Contents
How to log into my sac state portal
To access my sac state portal,
- Navigate to my.csus.edu.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- Click on the Login link to access my sac state student portal.
How to update your personal contact information
Log in to your My Sac State. Go to your Student Center, and select ENS Contact Information from the drop-down menu under the Personal Information section. Click the Add/Update ENS Information button.
Then enter a new personal mobile number or email, and click Save and Confirm.
How to create my SacLink account
Your campus SacLink account is your electronic identity and allows you access to a variety of campus resources, such as campus email, My Sac State, Office 365, computer labs, and library databases.
Student applicants, new faculty, or staff must create their SacLink account to get university email. If you need an account, just do the following:
- Go to SacLink account management page.
- Enter the required information and click the Verify your Identity button.
- Answer the personal security questions, enter a password, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- If you forget your password, you can answer the personal questions to change your password at any time.
- If you’ve created your account successfully, your SacLink username and email address will be displayed on the next screen.
- It can take up to 24 hours for the system to process your request.
Your SacLInk username is essentially your email address without the @csus.edu. For example, if Herky’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then the username would be herky.
If you have forgotten your username, you can retrieve it by going to our SacLink account management page and entering the required information. Your SacLink username will be shown on the screen.
Your accounts become locked when your account password expires, or you have had too many failed login attempts. To unlock your account, contact the Service Desk at 916-278-7337 or submit a help request. Provide your contact phone number in your voicemail message or request.
Former students of the university have two years to access their account (e.g. Student Center, and Office 365 email). You will have access to your email and student records but not services such as VPN, Microsoft 365 applications, or Canvas.
How long will my SacLink account remain active?
- Students who have just graduated will have four consecutive semesters to have access to their SacLink account.
- Students who leave campus for other reasons will have two consecutive semesters to have access to their account.
- Students are recommended to save or export their emails from Outlook, as well as tax forms, transcripts, and other files from the Student Center.
How to reset your password
If you can’t sign in to your SacLink account, My Sac State, Canvas, Student Center, or elsewhere, select the situation that most applies to you. Follow the instructions for help getting back into your account.
To reset your password:
- Go to the Password Manager.
- Enter your University SacLink Username.
- Click I forgot my password.
- Enter your date of birth as the month and day (MMDD). For example, if your date of birth was January 1st, you would enter 0101.
- Choose where you want to get your reset code: Email Code or Text Code.
- Personal accounts: A reset code will be texted or emailed to your personal contact information.
- Generic-type accounts: A reset code will be emailed to the account sponsor’s University email.
- Admin-type accounts: Admin accounts cannot be reset through the Password Manager. Contact the IRT Service Desk Team at email@example.com or 916-278-7337 to reset admin account passwords.
- Check your email or phone for the reset code.
- Enter your the code sent to you in the Password Manager and click Continue. Each code is valid for 10 minutes.
- Click the Change Password link within “My profile.”
- Make sure your password meets the requirements.
- Don’t use your SacLink ID, part of it, or the word “password.”
- Don’t use known phrases.
- Make sure it’s 12 characters or more.
- Click Change password.
Your SacLink account password must be changed annually. You will receive notices in the days before your password expires. It will also tell you how many days you have left before your password expires. If your password expires, you will not able to access your account until it’s been changed.
If you’ve forgotten your password, can’t change it by following the above steps, or if you have forgotten your security question, contact csus office so that they can help you, In order to protect your account, CSUS will need to speak with you in person to reset your password.