Your MyBVC account is an online portal that allows you to access your student email, college announcements, class schedule, unofficial transcripts, D2L Brightspace account, college policies, and more.
When taking courses at Bow Valley College, you are assigned a BVC username at the time your registration is accepted.
Your BVC username is usually your first initial, a period, then your last name, followed by the last 3 digits of your student number. For example email@example.com.
Table of Contents
How to log into your MyBVC account
- From the Bow Valley College website, Click LOGIN.
- Click STUDENT LOGIN on the drop-down menu.
- Or navigate directly to mybvc.ca.
- Type in your full BVC student email and password, then click on Sign in.
- After you click Sign in, it will take you back to the Bow Valley College main page.
- Click Login again.
- You will see MYBVC, BRIGHTSPACE BY D2L, and LOGOUT. Click MYBVC.
Access your MyBVC student email
Once your registration to the College is accepted, an email with your MyBVC/D2L username is sent to you. The email also contains a link that will allow you to create a password for your account. The link in the email expires after 30 days from the date sent.
If you don’t receive your username, or your email has expired, you can use the reset your password link to have your username and the link to create a password sent to you to your personal email.
- From your MyBVC account, click Mail at the top of the screen.
- Add your MyBVC Email to your Mobile Device
- You can also add your BVC student email to your phone or tablet.
The following videos will show you how to add your BVC student email to your mobile device.
How to reset your password
To reset your myBVC password,
- At the Bow Valley College sign-in page, click I forgot my password.
- Click reset your password.
- Enter your student ID and Birth Date, then click Reset.
- Log in to your email account. The email account to check is the one provided when you registered for your program.
- You will receive a message in your email account. The link provided will only work for two hours after the email was sent.
- Click on the link in the email message, choose a new password, type it two times and click Change.
- The passwords for the BVC network must comply with the following rules:
- The password cannot contain your name, Student ID number, or birth date.
- The password must be eight characters or more.
- The password must contain three of the four following:
- Lowercase letter
- Uppercase letter
- Symbol (e.g.!@*&)
- If the self-password Reset does not work, call the BVC Help Desk at 403-410-1611 to have your password reset. Help Desk staff will ask questions to verify your identity.
How to log into BVC D2L Brightspace
BVC D2L Brightspace is an online account where you access your course material, submit your assignments, participate in discussions, check your grades, and communicate with your instructor. Being able to use D2L Brightspace is crucial to your success at Bow Valley College.
To access your D2L Brightspace account, you will need to log in. If you have never logged in, please refer to the following video and instructions.
- From the Bow Valley College homepage (bowvalleycollege.ca), click the LOGIN button at the top, right-hand side of the screen.
- On the menu that appears, click STUDENT LOGIN.
- Enter your full MyBVC e-mail address and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- You will be taken back to the main Bow Valley College Homepage. Click LOGIN again.
- On the menu that appears, click BRIGHTSPACE BY D2L.
- Click LOGIN.
- You will now be logged in to your D2L Brightspace account!
- To go into your course(s), click the grid icon at the top, right-hand side of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, click the name of the course that you want to enter.
- You will now be in your course. Your course name will appear at the top of the page and on the large banner.
If you forget your username or password, you can have it reset by calling the Bow Valley College Help Desk at 1-866-615-8923*
You will get access to your D2L Brightspace account two weeks before the start of the term. Your registered classes will appear on the first day of class.
If you have never used D2L Brightspace before, have used it at a different institution, or would just like a refresher, watch the following D2L Brightspace orientation video.