myCCSF Login Portal is the student information portal for the students of City College of San Francisco. As a CCSF student, you can access myRAM student portal, CCSFmail (CCSF student mail), and Canvas learning management system via myCCSF.
The MyCCSF Resources Portal helps you get done with important work like registering for classes, adding classes, and checking your grades.
Table of Contents
How to log into myCCSF
To access CCSF login portal,
- Navigate to ccsf.edu/myccsf.
- Click on the myCCSF Login Portal (RAM ID) button.
- This will take you to the login page.
- On the login page, enter your username (RAM ID).
- Then, enter your password.
- Click on the Login button to access your account.
You can click on the myCCSF Login Portal (RAM ID) button at top of the page to access the RAM ID Portal.
How to log in to the MyCCSF resources portal on your smartphone
- Navigate ccsf.edu on your smartphone and click on the Menu button.
- On the Menu, click on MyCCSF.
- Under Quick Links, click on myRAM Portal.
- To log in,
- enter your Username (i.e. CCSF ID#).
- enter your password.
- Click the Login button.
- Click on the tile for the application you want to use.
What is CCSF RAM ID?
RAM ID is CCSF’s password management service at City College of San Francisco. It is in honor of the CCSF Rams mascot and will help eliminate the need for individual passwords to each of the services.
For Students, your RAM ID is your Student ID number, typically starting with a W or @. RAM ID will allow you to log in to myRAM Portal, CCSF Student Wi-Fi Network, Canvas (Online Courses), Campus Logic (Financial Aid), Starfish (Counseling & Early Alert), Awardspring (Scholarships), and WEPA (Printing).
How to activate your CCSF RAM ID
- Go to CCSF website
- Click on MyCCSF link (upper left corner).
- Click on myCCSF Login Portal (RAM ID) ram/icon under Student section.
- You should be redirected to the myCCSF login page.
- Click on “New to RAM ID? Forgot Password?” to start the process.
- Enter your Student or Staff/Faculty Username when the End-User Self Service box appears asking for a username. Your username is the same as your “Student ID number” Student Format: W00000001, @00000001, etc.
- Answer the three mandatory questions to verify your identity.
- Set your desired password by following the password rules.
- Hit “Click here to continue” to proceed.
- Next, enroll your challenge answers. Click “Continue” to proceed.
- Select two questions and provide answers. Answers to these questions will assist you in the recovery process in the future; don’t overthink the answer; enter what you would if you were asked these questions in the future. Click “Continue” to proceed.
- Enroll your mobile phone for password recovery (Optional). Enter your ten-digit mobile phone number. (e.g. 4155551212). Click “Continue” to proceed.
- Enroll your email address for password recovery as well (also Optional). Enter your email address. (e.g., @gmail.com @yahoo.com @hotmail.com etc.). Click “Continue” to proceed.
- Enter the one-time passcode (OTP) emailed to your email account. If multiple OTPs are emailed, use the latest code. Click “Continue” to proceed.
- You have SUCCESSFULLY initialized your RAM ID. You should be able to click on any resources available to you without re-entering your password.
How to reset your forgotten RAM ID password
If you have forgotten your RAM ID password and need to manually reset it, follow the instructions below.
- Click on “New to RAM ID? Forgot Password?” button.
- Enter RAM ID Username.
- Your username is the same as your “Student ID number“
- Choose your “Authentication Type“ and enter requested answer:
- 1 Challenge Answer, which will use your previously enrolled Challenge Answers.
- “One-Time Password” (OTP), which will send a message to either your (registered) mobile device or personal email.
- Once your identity has been verified either by answering Challenge Question or via OTP, you will be prompted to set a new password.
If you enter your RAM ID then select the “New to RAM ID? Forgot Password?” button but are not able to select “Continue” or get an error stating “Bad Request Type,” you will need to contact the Help Desk @ (415) 239-3711.
CCSFmail is the official student email account used at the City College of San Francisco.
City College of San Francisco automatically creates CCSFmail (Google Gmail) accounts for all students.
Your CCSFmail account is where the college will send all your official City College email: registration dates and details, announcements, etc. You must read these emails.
In your classes, some instructors may be sharing Google documents with you through CCSF Canvas. Also, as more features become available, you will be able to use the various applications, called Google Apps, attached to the start page.
You get two messages sent to the email address you supplied City College on your application.
The first message contains your CCSFmail address and the URL used to access mail.
The second email contains the initial password for your CCSFmail account.
How to log into your CCSFmail account
- Navigate to myCCSF portal.
- Click on the the Google Mail login portal button.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
The first time you access your CCSFmail account, you have to choose a password. Please enter the password twice, once in the “Choose a password” box and then in the “Re-enter password” box.
- If you want the menus displayed in a language other than English, select the language you want.
- Finally, type in the characters you see in the box
- If you agree with the terms and conditions of usage, press I Accept.
- Click the Create my Account button and you can begin using your CCSFmail account.
- If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, press the Cancel button and an email account will not be created for you.
How to change and reset your CCSF email password
To change your CCSFmail password:
- Log on to your CCSFmail account.
- Click on your Account Icon on the top right. It may be a circle with your first initial.
- Click on Manage Your Account.
- On the far left, click the Security link.
- Under Signing in to Google, click the right arrow for Password.
- After confirming your current password, follow the instructions to create a new password.
- Click Change Password or your changes won’t stick!
To reset your CCSFmail password:
- Go to ramid.ccsf.edu and login.
- Click the “myRam Portal” Tile
- Click the “Student Portal” button
- Click the “myProfile” link
- On the left-hand side menu, click “CCSF email/password reset” link, a new window/browser tab will open.
- In the new window/browser tab, click the “Reset password” button.
- Copy the Default Password
- Click “Log in to your CCSFmail account” link.
- Login to your student gmail account with the Default Password from step 7. From there, you can change the password inside the Gmail Settings.
How to register for classes
If you want to register for classes, follow the myRAM registration guide below from the City College of San Francisco Registration Center.