MyCSUEB is the California State University, East Bay student’s online self-service center for enrollment transactions and personal information about your educational record.
Cal State East Bay’s student portal gives you access to your personal account, student enrollment, grades, class schedule, and financial aid.
Table of Contents
How to log into csueb
- Navigate to csueastbay.edu/mycsueb.
- Click on “Sign In” button.
- On the login page,
- enter your NetID.
- enter your password.
- Finally, click on the Login button to access your portal.
How to activate your CSUEB NetID
The NetID is a username that contains no personal information about the user. It will look something like ab1234 (two alphabetic characters followed by four numbers). It is used for logging into a variety of systems on campus such as email, Blackboard, and MyCSUEB. It does not replace or change a user’s email address.
- Go to csueastbay.edu/netid and select “Activate your NetID”.
- Enter your “Last Name” and “NetID”, as provided by the University, and click “Submit” to proceed.
- Click “Next” in step 3 (User Details) to proceed to step 4 (Manager secret questions).
- Answer three security questions and answers in step 4 (Manager secret questions). Click the “pencil” icon to see all question options from the pull down. Click “submit to proceed to step 5 (see note).
- Input your “Home Email”, if not present, and “Mobile Phone” then click “submit” to proceed.
- Click “Close” to proceed to step 6 (create and confirm your new password).
- Enter your password twice and click “Reset Password”.
- Click “OK” and this completes your activation process.
To protect CSUEB accounts, all users need to sign up for 2-step authentication – DUO MFA.
Frequently asked questions
When can I begin using my NetID?
For some systems, such as email, you can use your NetID immediately after activating it, however, it may take a day or two before you can log into other systems. If you continue to have problems or questions about accessing a particular system, contact Servicedesk.
Can I change my NetID?
No, NetIDs are automatically generated and assigned and cannot be changed.
How do I change my NetID password?
You can change your NetID password using either your security questions or by requesting that a PIN be sent to your personal email you provided during the NetID activation process.
What if I have two NetIDs?
You should only be issued one NetID even if you are a student, staff, or faculty member at the same time. Report the problem to Servicedesk using the contact information provided at the top of the page
How do I order my transcript?
There are two ways to order an official transcript online.
1. Current Students with MyCSUEB Access: Log in to MyCSUEB using your Net ID and password, and select “Order a Transcript.” This will direct you to a third-party service, Credentials, Inc.
The status of online transcript orders can be checked in your MyCSUEB student account.
2. Alumni or Students with a deactivated Student Account: Order directly from Credentials, Inc.
Orders placed directly with Credentials, Inc. require signature authorization. A NetID is not required to place this order.