MyEIU is a portal to personalize your web access to Eastern Illinois University. You can check your admission status, your financial aid status, register for your Orientation, Advisement & Registration program, and register for housing on your very own profile page.
Table of Contents
How to log into MyEIU
- From EIU’s home page, select MyEIU.
- Or, navigate directly to eiu.edu/myeiu.
- On the Login page, enter your email address or Net ID.
- Enter your password.
- Click Log In to access your dashboard.
First time logging into myEIU?
- Click to register as a new user.
- Select the appropriate student classification link.
- Register using your personal email and your password.
- Your Net ID and password will be located in your admission checklist.
Your E-Number is your unique nine-character ID that is on your acceptance letter.
When you are admitted to Eastern Illinois University, you are assigned an E-number by which all records are stored. Anytime you call a University office and ask for help that requires access to your student records, you will need to provide your E-number.
Your Net ID and Password will be used to access any site essential for academic function such as PAWS (the online student information system), EIU email (PantherMail), scholarship applications (Academic Works), EIU D2L for online classes, etc.
As you transition to becoming an EIU student, you will use your NetID more often and your MyEIU account less often.
How to locate your EIU Net ID and password
- Go to your MyEIU account.
- Log in using your personal email and password.
- Your Net ID and password will appear under your Admissions Checklist at eiu.edu/myeiu/checklist.
- Write down your Net ID and initial password and keep it safe.
How to Change your password
- Once you have successfully retrieved your Net ID and password, EIU strongly encourages you to change your password through P-Synch, Eastern’s password management system.
- Access P-Synch at password.eiu.edu.
- Enter your Net ID and initial password.
- Follow the prompt to enter a new password.
If you have any questions, contact the Help Desk at 217-581-HELP.
How to log into EIU Panthermail
Eastern Illinois University’s email system, PantherMail, is the official communication channel for all academic and university notices.
EIU PantherMail is powered by Microsoft Office 365, and you should check your account regularly. Official communication includes class schedules, student financial aid notifications, and account statements from the Business Office.
Failure to monitor your PantherMail inbox can result in missed messages. Your responsibility is to ensure that your PantherMail account is checked regularly and that it has sufficient free space to receive university communication.
The easiest way to access your PantherMail is via the secure Web interface located at eiu.edu/panthermail. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection and a Web browser, and no configuration is necessary. Enter your NetID and password in the spaces provided to get started.
You also can access your account directly from the EIU home page by clicking the EIU PantherMail link in the upper right corner of the page.
To log into EIU PantherMail,
- Go to www.eiu.edu.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select the “Panthermail” tab.
- Enter your NetID and Password as the login credentials.
- Your panthermail has all of the features of Microsoft Office360.
- You can save any work you do to your account so you can access it anywhere.
- To access your Panthermail, select “outlook” If you access your panthermail on a public computer, do NOT just exit from the browser.
- Go to the circle with your initials in the top left corner and click “sign out” in the dropdown menu.
- After selecting “sign out,” the page will reload with the message “hang on a second while we sign you out.”
- You have to wait until it reloads and tells you that the sign-out was successful, or else you will remain logged in on that computer, and the next user will be able to access your Panthermail if they try to log into their Panthermail.
How to set up EIU PantherMail on your mobile device
EIU only supports using the Microsoft Outlook App for setting up email on mobile devices:
- Go to the Apple App Store on iOS devices and the Google Play Store on Android devices.
- Search the store for the Microsoft Outlook App.
- Download the app, and choose Add Account or enter your EIU email address.
- The app should load EIU’s Panthermail login page.
- Enter your EIU netID and password.
- The app should load all necessary information and open your email.
EIU does not support other mobile email clients at this time.
How to access EIU PAWS
EIU PAWS (Panther Access to Web Services) is an online system that enables students, faculty, staff, and annuitants to access various information via the Internet.
Through EIU PAWS, students can securely:
- Register for classes
- Look at student payroll records
- Pay university bills
- View the course catalog and class schedule
- Access financial aid
- See records and transcripts
- Obtain a parking pass
To log in:
- Click the “PAWS” link at the top right corner of the EIU homepage.
- Enter your Eastern Illinois University Net ID and password.
- When finished, select Login.
The Net ID and password are Case Sensitive, and your Net ID is all lowercase.
To protect your privacy, exit and close your browser when you are finished.