myLSU Portal is the student portal for the students of Louisiana State University. It is an account with a username and a password given to LSU Faculty, Students, and Staff by the university to access LSU’s Online Resources.
For example, the myLSU Account is used by students to log in to Moodle, which is where all information from a student’s classes will be posted. A typical LSU portal account is something like this: mtiger1.
Table of Contents
How to log into myLSU
To access your LSU portal login,
- Open a web browser and browse to mylsu.apps.lsu.edu.
- Enter your User Name.
- The User Name Format is: <myLSU ID>@lsu.edu.
- Enter your Password.
- Click the LOGIN button.
myLSU Accounts are automatically created when a student is admitted to LSU. Admitted students will receive their LSU Account information via e-mail to the address provided on the application form. The initial account is set up as a forwarding e-mail account. Once the admitted student has reached a particular state in their enrollment process, an e-mail mailbox is provisioned to the student and relevant information is shared to the personal e-mail account on record.
LSU mobile app
In partnership with Student Government, LSU has created a new app that puts campus at your fingertips, allowing you to check your Tiger Card balance, connect with Moodle and myLSU, navigate around campus, customize your LSU news, and more.
How to access your LSU email
LSUMail is an email service provided by the ITS department of Louisiana State University and powered by Microsoft Office365. LSUMail can be configured to work with a variety of e-mail clients and mobile devices.
To Check Your Email through the myLSU Login Portal:
- Log into myLSU.
- Click on the Home tab at the top of the screen.
- You will see the buttons for LSU Moodle, Email, Tigerware, and LSU Academic Calendar to the left of the page.
- Click on the email button at the left-hand side of the screen.
- The LSU email login page will open in a new window.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff can also check their email directly through OWA LSUMail (mail.lsu.edu).
How to change your myLSU password
If you suspect your LSU account has been compromised, you will want to change your password immediately. Keep in mind that you MUST enter your current password in order to complete this process.
- Log into the myLSU Portal (mylsu.apps.lsu.edu/).
- Select Personal Preferences from the sidebar at the left, then click Password Management.
- Select an Account, if you have multiple accounts. Then, click Change Password.
- Enter a New Password then Reenter the New Password. These two passwords must match each other.
- Click Change Password.
Your LSU Account Password MUST be changed periodically: Every 60 Days OR Every 180 Days depending on the Password Strength. The Strength will change as you type, but your password MUST be Yellow or Green to be Accepted.
Why is your myLSU account locked sometimes?
If your account is locked after a third failed login attempt, the LSU system will activate an Account Lockout Policy. This means you will be temporarily locked out of your account for 30 minutes. After this, you can regain access to the system by signing in again.
If you need further assistance, contact the account help Service Desk at 225-578-3375 or email@example.com.
How to reset a myLSU password
If you have forgotten your LSU password, follow the instructions below.
- You can reset your password by clicking the Forgot Password? link. Enter your myLSU Account ID, click Continue, enter the required personal information for verification, and then click Continue.
- On the next screen you will be asked to enter your MyLSU ID or LSU email address. Click Continue when finished.
- You will then be asked to enter your last name, date of birth, the last 4 digits of your SSN or MyLSU Account ID, and an answer to your password reset question. Click Continue once complete. Note: If you have not set a password reset question for your account, you will be prompted to do so.
- You will then be asked to input a new password fitting the requirements above the input. Select Change Password to create new LSU Account password.
- Once you have created a new password, wait 2 hours before trying to log back into LSUMail.
How to create a communityLSU account
If you do not have a MyLSU Account or communityLSU account, you will need to create a communityLSU account. A communityLSU account is an account that you set up using your personal email address. Once you have this account set up, you will be able to log into the myProxy application to pay your student fee bill.
- If you haven’t already requested an account, Request a communityLSU account.
- Click Sign Up.
- Enter the required information, then click Submit.
- Email Address
- Re-enter your Email Address
- New Password
- Re-enter New Password
- Enter any Additional Information and click Submit.
- You will now be sent a confirmation and verification email. Go to your email and click on the verification link. When you follow the link, your email address will be confirmed.
- You will now use this communityLSU account & Password to log into any LSU systems to which you have been granted access.
- Enter your communityLSU account & Password when you are prompted by the myLSU log in screen.
- Click LOGIN.
How to schedule courses via myLSU
You can schedule courses electronically using the myLSU Portal when their scheduling priority opens. This option is available under Registration Services – Schedule Request.
- Log into the myLSU Portal (my.lsu.edu).
- Click Registration Services on the left hand menu, then select Schedule Request.
- Select the Campus and the Semester that you need to schedule.
- Click View Schedule Request at the top middle of the page.
- To add a course, enter the Department, Course Number, and Section Number. You can also enter the number of credit hours, this is optional. NOTE: If you do not know the section number, or don’t have a specific section in mind, click the question mark next to the box for a listing of all of the available sections. If you need to know if the course has any prerequisites, then click on the Check Prerequisites button.
- Clicking on the question mark will display a list of classes from which you can choose.
- Choose your desired class by clicking on its highlighted section number. The schedule request screen will now display it with the correct Section Number.
- Click Add Course. This adds the course to your Current Schedule. If the course is not available for the semester or is full, a red heading will appear at the top of the screen stating the course is no longer available. If you desire to drop a course, click the Drop button. A Wait List means that if a person drops or is purged from a full course, the first person on the wait list will then become enrolled. If additional people leave the course, then the next few people on the wait list will be enrolled. There is no guarantee that you will get the class if you are on a wait list for this reason.
- Upon selecting the drop button, a dialog box will appear, select OK.
- Repeat Steps 5 – 8 to add all of your courses. When the schedule request states a class section(s) has special emphasis, it refers to the class above it.
For an overview explanation and step-by-step instructions on how to schedule courses, watch the video below.