Queens onQ is Queen’s University’s enterprise learning management system, built in the Brightspace/Desire2learn environment. Just as any D2L platform, it can be used to deliver academic courses on the Web or to supplement face-to-face instruction.
onQ can also be used for collaborative research and project-based group work.
Table of Contents
How to log into queens onQ
To access Queens University onQ,
- Navigate to onq.queensu.ca.
- Enter your NetID and click Next.
- Then, enter your password to log in.
- To access your course, click Select a course… A list of your courses will be displayed.
- When you select a course you will land on the Course Home.
- From the Select a course… menu you can “pin” courses to the top of the list by selecting the pin icon on the right side of each course.
You need your Queens University NetID and password to log in. The same credentials you use to log into Queens SOLUS.
How to send course content to a mobile device via a Desire2Learn Binder app
To send course content to your mobile phone, do one of the following:
- Click Send to Binder from the context menu of the topic you want to send.
- Click Send to Binder when viewing a topic.
Watch this quick video on how to navigate your course in onQ.
How to create your personal profile on onQ
- Log into Queens onQ.
- Click Profile from your personal menu on the minibar.
- Fill in the text fields. You can enter information about your social networks, contact information, education and work, and personal details such as your birth date, hobbies, and favorite things.
- If you want to upload and display a profile picture, click Change Picture, browse and select your image, then click Done.
- Click Save and Close.
How to submit assignment on queens onQ
- Log into Queen’s University onQ.
- On the Assignment Submission Folders page, click on the folder you want to submit to.
- Click Add a File to browse for the file you want to submit. You can attach files from your local computer or storage device, a personal locker, a group locker, or ePortfolio.
- You can Add a File, Record Video, or Record Audio as feedback. When you finish a recording, click Add.
- Enter any Comments you want to submit with the file.
- Click Submit. You will be brought to a File Upload Results page. Click Done.
How to take a quiz on queens onQ
- On the Quiz List page, click on the quiz you want to take.
- Read the instructions and details for the quiz, and when you’re ready, click Start Quiz!.
- Answer each question. You can see which questions you have saved answers to in the Questions section of the quiz’s left panel. You can also click the question number in the quiz’s left panel to go back to the question.
- Click Next Page or Previous Page to navigate between pages.
- Click Go to Submit Quiz when you are ready to submit.Note: If you try to submit a quiz with unanswered questions, you will see a warning at the top of the Submit Quiz page informing you about unanswered questions. Click each link beneath the warning to return to each unanswered question.
- After you attempt to answer all quiz questions, click Submit Quiz.
Queens University recommends you click the corresponding Save button after answering a question. You can also click Save All Responses if you are not finished answering all questions on a single page, or if you are working on a time-consuming question and need to save all previous responses.
Frequently asked questions
I can’t see my course(s)?
If you can’t see your course in Queens onQ:
Confirm with your Instructor that they are using onQ and that they have made the course available to students. If you still do not see your course contact the ITSC at 36666 or by filling out the Help Form.
How do I pin your current courses?
You can use the Select a Course drop-down menu in Queens onQ to pin your current semester courses and move them to the top of the list.
To pin a course, search for the course in the drop-down menu, and click on the pin icon on the right side of the course name. The pinned course(s) have an orange pin icon, and will always appear at the top of the list. You can pin multiple courses.
To unpin a course, click on the orange pin icon on the right side of the course name. Unpinned courses have a gray pin icon.
Why can’t I see my grades?
Grades are not visible until they are published. They may not be published until all grading is completed by the instructor and released to all students at the same time. Final grades will not usually be released until the end of the course.
Why does my grade say “Dropped”?
If your grade says “Dropped”, the instructor:
1. Dropped the highest and/or lowest grade item in this category.
2. Dropped this assignment so it does not count toward the final grade.
In either case, contact the instructor of the course for more information.