San Jac SOS is a secure San Jacinto College Online System for Students. It is a resource to view final grades, transcripts, register for classes, financial aid information, and more.
San Jac SOS, San Jac email, San Jac blackboard are a few of the many technology resources available for your use as a student.
To take advantage of what San Jacinto College offers, a few simple steps are needed to get you set up. Follow this quick guide to prepare for your college technology needs.
Table of Contents
How to log into San Jac SOS
To access San Jac SOS login portal,
- Navigate to sanjac.edu/soslogin.
- Click on the SOS LOGIN button to redirect you to the login page.
- On the SOS Login page;
- Enter your username
- Enter your password.
- Click Sign In to access your student portal dashboard.
You will need your Student ID and your password to access San Jac SOS.
Your password for SOS is the one you created when you first claimed your account.
If you have not claimed your account by answering your security questions and creating a password, continue reading to learn how to claim your account.
If you are a New Student, and have been conditionally accepted, and cannot access San Jac SOS, contact the Admissions Office on the campus you plan to attend.
How to claim your San Jac SOS account
All San Jacinto College students must retrieve their accounts before accessing most College systems.
The Account Claim Process allows new users to generate security questions for their account, create a password, and retrieve their User ID (G#).
You can claim your account by completing the following steps:
- Visit the San Jac SOS Login page at www.sanjac.edu/soslogin and click on the click here to claim your account link.
- Enter your first name, last name, zip code, and date of birth in the provided fields. When typing your date of birth, ensure it is typed in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY (Example: 01/07/2003).
- Click on the Computer Usage Policy link and read the document (opens in a new window).
- Place a check in the box next to I certify that I have read the policy on computer privileges and responsibilities, and I agree to abide by this policy and then click on Next. If you encounter difficulties claiming your account, don’t hesitate to contact Tech Support at 281-998- 6137.
- On the next page, enter a password for your account in the New Password and Verify New Password fields. Once entered, click on Next. Password must be at least eight characters long, contain at least 1 number, and at least one unique character.
- You will receive confirmation that your password has successfully been changed on the next page. In addition, note the provided G# (username) for future use.
- Enter an answer in the provided text field for the displayed Pre-Defined Questions. The response must be at least three characters long.
- Under User-Defined Questions, type in your question and provide an answer to that question.
- If you want to add a security question, click on Add Optional User Defined Question. Each click will add another security question to your account.
- If you want to remove the question, click the delete (trash can) button.
- Once finished, click on Next.
- You will now receive a message stating Your challenge questions were successfully updated. You may now close your browser or click on any of the two links provided on this page.
- At this point, your account has successfully been claimed. You should now be able to log in.
- Once you are notified by the San Jacinto College Admissions Office/Enrollment Management Center that you have been accepted, you may visit the SOS System at sanjac.edu/soslogin and verify you can log into San Jac SOS with your G# and the password you created.
How to reset your password
If you have forgotten your password and need to reset it, follow these steps:
- Visit the Self-Service System at www.sanjac.edu/password.
- At the login screen, “click on the Need help?” link followed by Forgot My Password.
- A new window or browser tab will open. When prompted, enter your username and click on Next. This will be your G# (Example: G00430697) for students.
- Next, you will be asked to provide an answer to your challenge questions. Enter the answer(s) you initially provided (when setting up your challenge questions) and click Next.
- You will be asked to set up a new password on the next screen. Enter your new password in the New Password and Verify New Password fields. Click on Next.
- You will now receive confirmation that your password has been changed.
How to change password
If you know your password but wish to use this system to update or change your password, follow the following steps:
- Log in to the Self-Service System at www.sanjac.edu/password.
- On your account homepage, click the down arrow to the right of your name and then click Change Password.
- Enter your current password in the provided Current Password field in the window that appears. Then enter a new password into both the New Password and Confirm New Password fields.
- Notice that, to change your password, you are required to choose a password that meets the current requirements. All passwords must contain the following:
- Must be at least eight characters to a maximum of 16 characters.
- Must contain at least 1 number (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4).
- Must contain at least one unique character (e.g., $, #, &, *).
- If your new password does not meet the requirements, you will notice that you will not be able to click “Save.” In addition, you will see which requirements have not been met by reviewing the information under “Your new password MUST be.”
- When you are satisfied with the password selected, click Save.
- You will receive confirmation that your password has been successfully changed. Click Close.
How to register classes online via San Jac SOS
- Log into San Jac SOS. Enter your Student ID number (capital G with the assigned eight-digit number) to log in. Enter the password you created when setting up your account.
- Select My Registration under the “My Student Records” tab and follow the system prompts. Select your desired registration term.
- Select Step 5, Register for Classes, and enter the CRN numbers for desired classes. Select Submit Changes to save the requested classes or determine if there are registration restrictions.
- When the schedule is correct, select the View My Schedule link at the bottom of the page to have the system calculate the tuition and fees due. Submitting changes will add charges if classes have started.
- Select View Fee Assessment and then select the Student Account Suite button. Refer to Registration and Payment Schedule for payment deadlines.
- Be sure to print your schedule and payment confirmation before you exit the system and carefully check that it is correct. Late changes result in additional charges. To see your schedule and fees, click on “Print Options – Schedule/Fee Bill.”