As a Seneca College student, Seneca email is a vital tool for accessing your transcript, courses, library, Seneca blackboard, and other important info throughout your academic journey.
In this guide, we’ll go through how to access your email, set up your email, request your transcript, and how to activate your student account if you are a new student.
Table of Contents
How to access seneca email
To set up your seneca email;
- Go to Email
- Enter your My.Seneca username(Learn Id) (available on your confirmation of registration)
- Enter your password
- Click on Log In.
For more information on how to access Seneca WEBmail, go to ITS website. If you need help retrieving your My Seneca username and/or password, contact the Service Desk at 416-491-5050 x22129 press 1.
What is my Seneca ID number?
Your Part-Time Student I.D. (My.Seneca username) is located at the top of your Confirmation of Registration. You will be asked to present this to gain access to services such as the test centre and to borrow material from the library. All computers at the College require authentication using your My.Seneca username and password.
How to set up your Seneca email
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to set up your seneca email on your iphone for easy access.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Go to > Add Account
- Tap on > Exchange
- Type your Myseneca Email id under the Email id tab.
- Type your Myseneca Password under the Password tab.
- Under Description, tab Edit it with Seneca.
- Tap on > Next. If you do not edit the description tab with Seneca it will not get configured.
- After Verifying the Account, choose options to sync to your phone.
- Tap on > Save to Save your Settings.
- After Saving your Account Settings your Seneca Mail will be displayed under the Accounts section like Gmail, etc.
- Tap on > Seneca Mail Account for more Advanced Settings.
- To retrieve all emails irrespective of the timeline, tap on > Mail Days to Sync.
- Tap on > No Limit and you are good to go.
Now you can view your my Seneca email on your iPhone.
How to activate my Seneca account
As a new Dual Credit student at the college, you would have received a welcome e-mail with your Seneca account credentials. You will need those account credentials to activate your My Seneca account.
How to set-up your My.Seneca Account:
- Go to my.senecacollege.ca.
- Go to My.Seneca login area window. Click Forgot/Expired Password located below the Login button in the “My.Seneca Login” area in the middle of the main website.
- This will redirect you to the MyID Self Service Password site window. Click again on the Forgot/Expired Password? below the Login button.
- Complete the Seneca College IT Acceptable Use Policy. You must scroll to the bottom of this page, select “yes” and accept the Terms and Conditions of the Seneca IT Acceptable Use Policy
- Next, you will be asked to enter your details to re-set your account in the MyID Self-Service window:
- Enter your username or student/employee number;
- Select student; and
- Select Continue.
- You will be redirected to a message window with instructions to reset a new password for your My.Seneca account. An e-mail will be sent to the e-mail account that was provided to Seneca by your High School. Check your High School and/or personal e-mail account for the e-mail with the link to reset your password. Follow the steps in the e-mail received from Seneca. If you do not receive an email from Seneca in your inbox, check your Spam/Junk mail folder.
- Once your password has been re-set with the using the link provided, please return to my.senecacollege.ca:
- Click Login. Sign in to My.Seneca with your username and new password:
- You will be redirected to the new login page where you will be required to type out your complete Seneca email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
For additional technical assistance regarding My.Seneca and/or Seneca Technology tools contact the Service Desk.
How to request your Seneca transcript
Transcripts are available for current Seneca students at the completion of a certificate or diploma. Grades will not be released over the phone. Please ensure all fees have been paid. Students with outstanding charges will not receive a transcript and will not be able to view their grades online.
To request an Official Transcript:
- Log into the Student Home
- Click on My Academics. Under Transcript, you will find Request Official Transcript.