SOLAR Stony Brook is the University’s enterprise-wide, self-service system which provides faculty, staff, and students with online access to manage personal information.
Students use Stony Brook University SOLAR to register for classes, print schedules, view, and pay bills, update personal contact information, view transcripts, and submit student employment timesheets.
Table of Contents
How to log into solar stony Brook
To access Solar Stony Brook, you’ll need your Stony Brook University ID and SOLAR SBU password.
- Go to stonybrook.edu/solarsystem.
- Click on “SOLAR LOGIN” to take you to the login page.
- For User ID, enter your Stony Brook University ID number.
- For Password, enter your SOLAR Password.
- Select Sign in.
- To sign out, near the top right corner, select Sign out. Also note that your SOLAR session will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
SOLAR SBU passwords are different from NetID passwords. If you’re logging in to SOLAR Stony Brook for the first time, use your initial solar password. Also, note that these passwords are case-sensitive.
Prospective students are assigned a Stony Brook ID number when they apply to the University. When the Office of Admissions receives a completed student application, a Stony Brook ID number is sent to the applicant in a letter and an e-mail. Applicants who do not receive this number should check that they submitted a completed application before contacting the Undergraduate Admissions Office at (631) 632-6868 for further assistance.
Admitted students receive their Stony Brook ID number in their official letter of acceptance and during orientation. It also appears on their Stony Brook ID card which resident students receive when they check in to their residence hall for the first time and commuter students receive at Convocation.
Accessing solar stony brook on mobile
Students who access SOLAR using a mobile phone will experience the mobile version of selected SOLAR SBU pages:
• Messages, Holds and To-Dos
• My Weekly Schedule
• View My Grades
• Enrollment Dates
• My Course History
• Account Summary/What Do I Owe?
• Class Search
• Add/Drop/Swap/Edit Classes
Features not available in the mobile version can be accessed by clicking the “full site” link.
If you are a student and you encounter a problem while working in SOLAR Mobile, report your issue using the IT Service Management portal. Remember, as a workaround, you can always access the site from a desktop, tablet, or laptop computer.
How to reset your solar password
To reset your solar stony brook password
- Go to the SOLAR login screen and click SOLAR Account & Password Help.
- You will be asked to supply certain personal information which is stored within your records.
- A new password consisting of additional information in your records will be created.
- Instructions for creating this new password (not the new password itself) will be e-mailed to you at the e-mail address on file in SOLAR.
How to set your preferred name
- In a browser, go to stonybrook.edu/solar and click SOLAR LOGIN
- Sign into SOLAR with your Stony Brook ID# (9 digits) and SOLAR password. Click Sign In
- From the SOLAR Home Page, under Security and Personal Data, click Names (if you don’t see Names, click more and then click Names)
- Select the edit button next to the Preferred Name.
- Change the Prefix, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name and/or Suffix. You may set your preferred name to whatever you would like. However, the University reserves the right to remove a preferred name if determined inappropriate.
- Click the SAVE button, and on the Confirmation page, click OK.
How to change your email address in SOLAR
All University communications are sent to the Campus email address, so be sure to check your stonybrook.edu email account regularly.
If you have not been issued a campus address or your account has been disabled (e.g. you have graduated and left the campus), communications will be sent to the “Home” address first (if one has been entered), or “Other” automatically. Keep all email addresses current throughout your time at Stony Brook.
Adding an email address
- From the SOLAR sbu Home Page, under Security and Personal Data, click Email Addresses.
- Click the Add An Email Address button.
- Fill out *Email Type and *Email Address, then click the Save button.
- To delete an email address, click on the Delete button and then click Save. Note: You cannot delete the Campus email address.
- You can change your Home or Other email address. You cannot change your Campus address here.
- To change your Home or Other email address, highlight all or part of the address and overwrite the *Email Field and then click Save.
Other useful resources
Watch these useful guides below on how to drop, swap, or edit classes in SOLAR Stony Brook and how to enroll in a class using the platform.