UCSD Canvas is the learning management system used by the students of UC San Diego to manage their learning online. The University also uses it in teaching and research.
In this post, you will learn about how to log in and have a better understanding of how these Learning Management System tools work.
Table of Contents
How to log into ucsd canvas
To access UC San Diego Canvas;
- Navigate to canvas.ucsd.edu.
- Enter your username or your UC San Diego email address
- Enter your password
- Click on the “Login” button to access your canvas dashboard.
How to log into canvas UC San Diego Extension
To log in and access your online course materials on Canvas:
- Navigate to UCSD Canvas (extensioncanvas.ucsd.edu) and click the Click Here to Login button.
- Enter the Username and Password that you use for MyExtension.
You can also log in directly through MyExtension:
- Navigate to MyExtension (myextension.ucsd.edu) and log in.
- Click on “My Courses”.
- Select the course you would like to access.
- Click the link that appears in the “Online Provider” section of the page.
- When you click on the login button on the Canvas homepage, you should see your Dashboard in UCSD Canvas.
How to submit an assignment via canvas ucsd
- In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
- Click the title of the assignment.
- Click the Submit Assignment button.
- To upload a file from your computer, click the Choose File button. When the file window appears, locate and click the name of the file. At the bottom of the window, click the Choose or Browse button (depending on your browser).
- To upload a file you already uploaded to UCSD Canvas, click the Click here to find a file… link. The file list will expand. Click the name of the file.
- If you have access to upload a file from Google Drive, you can submit a Google file by clicking the Google Doc tab.
- If you need to upload another file, click the Add Another File link.
- You can only upload additional files from your computer.
- Click the Submit Assignment button.
Frequently asked questions
Here is a list of some of the most common questions on UCSD Canvas received from students.
You may find this useful whether you are taking your first online course or want a refresher on some of the topics below.
Feel free to ask more questions in the comment box below.
Can I resubmit an assignment if I had issues uploading it into Canvas?
This depends upon the settings your instructor has used in the course. When in doubt, send a message to your instructor through the Inbox and attach the assignment as soon as possible. Be sure to explain exactly why you are submitting your assignment through an Inbox message.
Will I be notified when my class starts?
When you enroll in the course, you will receive a message from Student Services directing you to your student account for details on that enrollment, including the course start date and UCSD Canvas login information if the course is Online, Hybrid, or Live Online. The course start date in your personal calendar with a reminder so that you don’t miss the start date. You can also access courses on UCSD Podcast.
How long will I have access to UCSD Canvas after my class is over?
You have 30 days after the published end date of the course to access the course in Canvas UCSD. Your instructor will likely NOT be monitoring the discussions or any submissions you make after the class end date. Ensure you check the course syllabus for due dates and submission acceptance policies.
How can I view my pending enrollments in Canvas?
By default, your Canvas UCSD dashboard limits the number of courses that are displayed at a given time. Any future enrollments may not appear on your dashboard automatically.
To view these courses within UCSD Canvas, click on Courses, then scroll down and click on All Courses. While you check to see that you’re enrolled in this course, you will not have access to the content within this course until the start date.