UF One Drive is a cloud file sharing and storage offering for University of Florida students, faculty, and staff which allows for collaboration for both UF and non-UF participants.
OneDrive provides secure file storage in the Microsoft cloud. It is available to UF students, faculty, and staff via UF Microsoft Campus Agreement and the UFIT GatorCloud cloud.it.ufl.edu.
You could think of OneDrive as the evolution of traditional file server storage. The OneDrive app synchronizes files stored in the GatorCloud with your computer and mobile devices.
GatorCloud is home to cloud-based services provided to the University of Florida community.
Some of the benefits of using OneDrive are;
- Enables secure access to your work documents from anywhere without a UF VPN connection.
- Enables collaborative editing of files for multiple people at the same time in the same file.
- Enables you to access your work files from any device where you are signed into the OneDrive App with your firstname.lastname@example.org account.
- Full integration with Microsoft Teams and Office 365 applications.
Table of Contents
How to set up UF One Drive app on your windows computer
The first thing you need to do is set up the OneDrive app. This enables you to synchronize files between the GatorCloud Microsoft OneDrive and office 365 environment and your computer and mobile devices.
- To launch OneDrive, go to the bottom left of your screen and click on the Windows icon, then type OneDrive.
- In the OneDrive setup enter email@example.com email address.
- Choose “Work or school”.
- Enter GatorLink username and password in Shibboleth authentication page.
- Note the information about your OneDrive folder, and click Next through the following screens.
- Note information about the mobile app. If you do not already have you may want to go ahead and get it now on your mobile device. The mobile app opens up a great deal of productivity when away from your computer.
- Click Open my OneDrive folder .
- Now in File Explorer you see the OneDrive – University of Florida.
- You will now be able to create subfolders and copy files into the OneDrive folder. The files will then sync to the OneDrive in the cloud and be accessible across your various devices as well as directly through a web browser.
How to access UF One Drive in the GatorCloud
- Navigate to cloud.it.ufl.edu and click on OneDrive in the Office 365 section.
- Select your firstname.lastname@example.org account.
- Enter your GatorLink username
- Then, enter your password in the Shibboleth login page.
- Click Login.
- Here’s your UF One Drive on the GatorCloud web interface.
How to save files to the uf one drive
To save files to UF One Drive,
- Select File > Save a Copy > OneDrive – Personal.
- Select Enter file name here and type a name.
- If you want to save to another folder, select Browse, and select the folder you want.
- Select Save.
- The next time you open the Office app, you’ll see your saved file in the Recent list.
How to upload files or folders to UF OneDrive
You can store over 300 types of files on UF OneDrive. With Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome:
- Select Upload > Files or Upload > Folder.
- Select the files or folder you want to upload.
- Select Open or Select Folder.
With other browsers:
- Select Upload, select the files you want to upload, and select Open.
- If you don’t see Upload > Folder, create a folder, and then upload the files to that folder.