Once you have accepted your offer and enrolled at University of New South Wales, you will have access to UNSW email using Microsoft Office 365.
If you’re a new student and have recently accepted your offer and you are unable to access your email, be advised that in order to sign in to your UNSW email account you must be enrolled in at least one subject. After waiting 48 hours you should be able to sign in to your account successfully.
As a new student at UNSW you will receive a student ID when you collect your student card. You use this as your UNSW username with your zPass to access online resources at myUNSW.
Your email address is for example: zID@unsw.edu.au or email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Each student is automatically assigned a UNSW email address and can use the free student email service.
Table of Contents
How to log into your unsw email
Follow this simple steps below to access your unsw email.
- On your web browser, navigate to student.unsw.edu.au/emails.
- Click on the “Log in to Outlook online” button.
- Your username will be your zID@ad.unsw.edu.au.
- Your password will be your UNSW zPass.
- Click sign in.
How to set up unsw email on an android phone
- Go to the App Store and install “Microsoft Outlook”.
- Open the app and type in your email in the following format firstname.lastname@example.org:
- After redirecting to the UNSW login portal, type in your zPass:
- Follow the setup screen and your UNSW Email account is set up.
How to set up unsw email on iphone
- If you had a previous UNSW account configured, it is recommended that you delete the account prior to the new setup. To delete, tap Passwords & Accounts. Select the previous UNSW Account, Click on Delete Account and follow the prompts.
- To add an account, tap Settings >Passwords & Accounts. Select Add Account. Select Exchange as the type of account.
- Enter the initial details for the account and then select Next to view the full account settings:
- Username: zID@ad.unsw.edu.au
- Password: zPass
- Your UNSW email should now be successfully configured on your iOS device. Select the items you wish to sync and then tap Save to complete the setup.
How can I forward my emails to another account?
If you are a student, and you do not check your UNSW email often, you can forward your University emails to another account:
- Click the Settings option in the top right of the screen.
- Choose Mail from the menu.
- Choose Forwarding on the left of the screen.
- Click on Start Forwarding.
- Enter the email address you want your messages to be forwarded to.
- Click Save.
See also: How to access unsw moodle.
Remember to regularly check your UNSW email mailbox for important notifications. Email is the main way UNSW communicates with students.
What is zmail unsw?
As a UNSW Alumni, you are granted access to a lifelong zMail account. The zMail email service is provided exclusively to UNSW alumni. It is a separate service to the Office 365 email account used by Staff and Students.
The zMail service is a web-based email service that is managed and provisioned by UNSW and hosted on the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
Your zMail account will exist for as long as you maintain an association with the University as a UNSW alumnus.
Zmail initial login and password reset
- Create your Microsoft password for your alumni email by authenticating with your zID and zPass. If you have forgotten your zPass please go to the Identity Manager.
- Click the “Get my password” button to receive a temporary Microsoft password for your alumni email.
- Go to outlook.office365.com and log in with the following credentials:
- Username: zID@zmail.unsw.edu.au
- Password: Microsoft Password.