As an enrolled UTS student, you receive a UTS Student ID number linked with a UTS Webmail address and a number of key UTS systems such as UTS Canvas. Your UTS email account uses Microsoft Office365.
This account will be your account from the day you enroll until the day you graduate from the University of Technology Sydney. It provides you easy access to various UTS systems that will assist you throughout your studies.
Table of Contents
How to log into UTS Webmail
- Log into the Microsoft login page (opens the Microsoft login website).
- Sign in with your username as firstname.lastname@example.org, for example, email@example.com
- Enter your IT password.
- Click or tap to select Sign in.
How to activate your UTS Webmail
Your UTS Student Account is created after you have enrolled. You must then activate your account.
To activate your account you will need to:
- Go to the UTS:My Account website
- Enter your Student Identification (Student ID) number
- Enter the required personal details
- Enter your birth date according to the format in the example: dd/mm/yy (any other date format will result in an error)
- Read and understand the applicable UTS Webmail policies and guidelines and tick the four boxes listed (by activating your account you agree to abide by all UTS policies and rules especially pertaining to the Acceptable Use Policy. Breaches of policies and guidelines may lead to locking of student accounts, disciplinary action, and initiation of legal process or expulsion).
- Set up three (3) Security Questions – you will need to ensure that you remember the answers to these questions as these will be used to verify your identification in future
- Create a Password – Your password must be 8 to 16 characters long, and can only contain letters, numbers, and symbols but MUST CONTAIN AT LEAST ONE OF EACH. Spaces are not allowed. Do not use your UTS ID number. Do not use your previous password.
- If you have set up your password correctly, you will see a confirmation that your account has been activated and you will see your UTS email address.
Forgot your password?
Your password – the one secret you should never share. Disclosing or sharing your password breaches UTS rules and policies. There are a number of security risks that could arise from sharing.
To reset your password:
- Go to Password Reset (opens the password reset facility).
- Enter your Student Identification (Student ID) number.
- Enter the required personal details.
- Enter your birth date using the format in the example: dd/mm/yyyy (any other date format will result in an error).
- Answer your security question (these are questions that you originally set up).
- Enter in a new password.