UWO OWL is the learning management system of the University of Western Ontario. It is a customized version of Sakai designed by Apereo.
How to log into uwo owl
To access Western University OWL,
- Navigate to owl.uwo.ca/portal
- On the top right of your screen, enter your Western ID.
- Enter your password.
- Click on “Log In” to access your courses.
As a Western University student, use your Western ID (without ‘@uwo.ca’) and password to log into OWL. If you do not have a Western ID but have an OWL account, use your non-Western email and password to log in.
Looking for your course in OWL?
The courses you are enrolled in will appear on OWL once the instructor creates and publishes the course site. Sites can be found on the top of the page in the Sites Nav Bar or in the Sites Drawer.
- Log into OWL
- Go to “Membership” on the left
- Go to “My Official Course Enrolments”
- Your official course enrolments will be listed (with links to the course site, if available).
If you’ve changed courses or sections recently, you’ll see the change in OWL within 24 hours.