CUNYfirst is a student information, registration, and administrative system for students of the City University of New York (CUNY).
To access the portal, you must claim your accounts in order to obtain access to the CUNY’s first self-service system for course registration, check grades, degree audit, transcripts, etc.
Table of Contents
How to log into cunyfirst
To access cuny first;
- Go to home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- Click on “Log In” to access your portal.
Your username will usually follow the format “first name” . “last name”##@login.cuny.edu where ## will be the last two digits of your EMPLID number.
Check Out: Cuny Blackboard Login guide
Log out of the system once you’re done and only enter your CUNY Login password on CUNY Login websites (ssologin.cuny.edu and login.cuny.edu).
How to claim your CUNYfirst account
Applicants or new users can claim their accounts by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the CUNYfirst Portal Login page.
- On the Login page, click ‘New User’.
- On the Account Activation page, enter the following:
- First Name, Last Name as they appear on your submitted application
- Date of Birth (‘D.O.B’) in mm/dd/yyyy format (example: 01/02/1999)
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number in the ‘SS#’ field
- Click the box next to the words “I’m not a robot” and follow the CAPTCHA text prompts
- Confirm your email or enter a new email address.
- Receive an email with a unique account activation confirmation link (valid for two hours).
- Click to confirm your email address and set your password.
- Set your password retrieval questions.
The video below demonstrates the steps to claim your CUNY first account:
How to Reset Your CUNY First Password
Forgotten your password? Cunyfirst password reset is a simple process.
- Navigate to the CUNYFirst login page.
- Click on “Forgot Password” below the log-in fields.
- Enter either your CUNY First username OR your EMPLID then click “Continue”.
- Answer both security questions then click “Continue”. These answers are not case-sensitive.
- Enter a new password in both fields then click “Continue”.
- Enter a new password in both fields then click “Continue”. The password criteria are as follows:
- Must be between 8 and 13 characters long
- Must contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter
- Must contain at least one number
- Must NOT be among your last 4 created passwords
- After resetting your password your CUNY First username and EMPLID will be displayed on the confirmation screen. You will also receive a confirmation email to your account management email.
Frequently asked questions
Why can’t I log into my CUNYfirst account?
If you cant log into your account, 1. Make sure caps lock is off. 2. Quit and reopen browser and ensure you are logging in with this exact url https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu. 3. Clear your browser cache.
How do I check my grades on CUNYfirst?
To check your grades or transcript, Log in to CUNY first and click on HR/Campus Solutions. Click on Self Service and then on Student Center. In the Academics section from the Other Academic dropdown box, select Transcript: View Unofficial and then click the Go icon.
How do I upload documents to CUNYfirst?
Select Campus Solutions > Self Service > Document Upload. The Document Upload page is displayed with your name and 8-Digit CUNYfirst ID. A Document Type drop-down menu is added to the Document Upload page. Uploading documents through CUNY first works best on a computer and not a mobile device.
How do you accept financial aid on CUNY first?
Login to Cuny portal, Select HR/Campus Solutions from the left menu. Navigate to Self-Service, followed by Student Center. In the Finances section, click the Accept/Decline Awards link.
How do I pay a commitment deposit on CUNY first?
To submit your deposit, Log in to your account. Navigate to your “Student Center.” Click the link to pay your deposit by credit or debit card.