MyCSULB is an online student portal for California State University Long Beach students.
The CSULB login portal provides a “home base” for accessing your student information. Once you have logged into your Single Sign-On portal using your Campus ID and password, click on the “myCSULB” button to launch your Student Center.
Your CSULB Student Center is organized into sections based on the type of information. The Center displays summary information such as your class schedule, outstanding balance, and contact information.
It has many options to select in order to access all of the information and transactions available.
Table of Contents
How to log into mycsulb
To sign in to csulb portal,
- Navigate to csulb.okta.com
- This will take you to the Campus Single Sign-on page.
- Enter your CSULB Email Address.
- Then, enter your password.
- Next, click on “Sign In” to access your student center.
- Navigate the student center to view your personal info.
How to set your preferred first name in mycsulb
There are restrictions on what will be accepted as a student’s Preferred Name. It cannot be a nickname, cannot contain foul or inappropriate language, nor can it be used for purposes of misrepresentation.
To change your preferred first name in mycsulb,
- In the Personal Information section, select the Names link.
- Select the “Request Preferred Name Change” button.
- Enter your Requested Preferred First Name.
- Select the “Submit” button.
- Your requested preferred name will appear with a Name Type of “Requested.”
The processing time for preferred first name changes is approximately 3 business days. You will receive a confirmation email once it has been approved and updated in the system. Your email address will also be updated to match your preferred name within 2 business days after Enrollment Services approves your request.
How to accept/decline an admission offer
Follow the instructions below to accept or decline your CSULB admission offer in MyCSULB.
- Select the “Accept/Decline” link in the Admissions section of the Student Center or select the “Accept/Decline” link from the My Applications display box.
- Review your admission offer. Click the “Next” button to proceed to accept or decline admission for the term of your application. If you do not wish to make a decision at this time, click the “Exit” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to indicate your admission decision for the term of your application. Click the “Accept” button if you have decided to attend CSULB. Click the “Decline” button if you have decided not to attend CSULB.
- To continue to accept your admission and pay the non-refundable Enrollment Deposit on-line via a credit card or E-check, click the “Pay Online Now” button.
- Click the “Confirm Accept” button. If you do not wish to make a decision at this time, click the “Exit” button.
- If you wish to proceed with paying the non-refundable $150.00 Enrollment Deposit, click the “Make a Payment” button. Click the “Cancel Payment” button if you do not want to proceed with the payment transaction at this time.
- You will be redirected to the CSULB payment website (CASHNet) to pay the non-refundable $150.00 Enrollment Deposit. Click the radio button indicating the method of payment that you will be using and then click the “Continue Checkout” button.
- If you are paying by electronic check, be sure to have your checking account information readily available and enter it in the corresponding fields. When you have finished entering your payment information, click the “Continue Checkout” button.
- If you are paying by credit card, be sure to have your credit card account information readily available and enter it in the corresponding fields. When you have finished entering your payment information, click the “Continue Checkout” button.
- Confirm the information you entered is correct and click the “Submit Payment” button. Once the transaction is approved, you will see buttons for options to “Email Another Receipt” and “View Printable Receipt.”
- Click the “Return to MyCSULB” button and close the CSULB payment website (CASHNet) window. Click the “Next” button.
- You will receive a confirmation message indicating that you have successfully accepted your admission to the University and paid your non-refundable Enrollment Deposit.
How to enroll in early start classes in mycsulb
Once you have confirmed your Early Start Selection(s) and have been matriculated to the university, you can enroll in your Early Start course(s).
- Click ‘Enroll in Early Start’ at the bottom of the Early Start Program page on mycsulb.
- Click on the “Search” button below the ‘Class Search’ option.
- Based on the information on your Early Start Program page regarding your placement, select the applicable Course Subject.
- Click on the “Select” button next to the class section that meets your date and time requirement. You can click on the section link for more detailed information on the class.
- Once you have selected your class, the Enrollment Preferences page will display. Click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- Once the selected class has been added to your shopping cart, click on the “Proceed to Step 2 of 3” button.
- Confirm the classes you wish to add and click the “Finish Enrolling” button.
- The system will display the status of each enrollment request. Be sure to review the error and/or messages.
- Confirm your Schedule by clicking on “My Class Schedule”.
- You can view your current schedule and status. You can also see the day and time, room, date, and instructor information for all your requested classes.
- If you do not qualify for the Early Start Fee Waiver, you will receive the following message when attempting to enroll in Early Start.
- To pay your fees, select the “Make a Payment” link below the “Finances” section of the Student Center.
Check out the degree planner video below.
Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions on MyCSULB.
What is CSULB schedule of classes?
The Schedule of Classes allows you to search by subject area, course, instruction mode, GE area, day and time, courses with available seats, and much more. You can get up to the minute, detailed information on course offerings by clicking on the “Search” link in the Academics section or on the “Search for Classes” button in the MyCSULB Student Center.
What is the class Schedule Planner?
Class Schedule Planner provides a variety of potential class schedules based on your class preferences and other time conflicts, such as work, sport, or family commitments. The Class Schedule Planner is only a tool to aid with the creation of your schedule and DOES NOT enroll you into classes.
You can add classes to your shopping cart and plan your enrollment for the term, prior to your actual enrollment appointment. You will need to import your schedule into your shopping cart to begin the enrollment process.
How do I view my schedule and enrolment status?
Once you are enrolled in classes or have made changes to your class schedule, you can view your current schedule and status.
When you are on a waitlist, you will see a status of “Waiting” and your position on the waitlist. You will be able to see the day and time, room, date, and instructor information for all of your classes.
To see the Add / Drop / Withdrawal Deadlines for a class use the calendar button. You can see a graphical schedule by clicking on the radio button next to “Weekly Calendar View” on the My Class Schedule page.
How do I drop a class in mycsulb?
From the Drop subtab, you can drop a class, whether you are on the waitlist or officially enrolled in the class.
Simply check the box next to the class(es) you wish to drop. After Self-Service registration has ended, drops must be submitted in person with the appropriate approvals.
Once you have selected the class(es) you wish to drop, click the “Drop Selected Classes” button. Confirm the class(es) you wish to drop and click the “Finish Dropping” button. The View Results page will indicate if the change has been made, and show any errors or messages.
How do I view my CSULB application status?
Click on the “Admissions Inquiry” link in the Admissions section of the Student Center in MyCSULB to view your admission information for the most recent application term(s).
Review the Admission Application Information. If you have more than one active application on file, select the term you would like to view.
The blue hyperlinks located at the bottom of the screen will connect you to other areas of your Student Center in MyCSULB.
What is CSULB degree planner?
CSULB Degree Planner is a new online tool allowing all undergraduate and most post-baccalaureate students to map their entire academic path to graduation. Click on “Degree Planner” from the Student Center in MyCSULB to get started.