Your myUSF login account is the University of South Florida Student portal. It gives you access to the USF network, your USF email, Canvas, and other services. You’ll use your account to make your enrollment deposit, register for classes, apply for housing, view USF academic calendar, and more.
Students, faculty, and staff can access CANVAS, GEMS, FAST, OASIS all in one place. My USF provides virtual workspaces for departments and individual workgroups to share and collaborate on various projects. You will need your NetID to log in.
Table of Contents
How to log into myUSF
To access USF portal,
- Navigate to my.usf.edu.
- Click on “myUSF” link.
- Enter your NetID.
- Then, enter your password.
- Log in to acess your account dashboard.
Your myUSF account will give you access to the USF network, your USF email, and other services. You’ll use your account to make your enrollment deposit, register for classes, apply for housing, and more.
How to activate your NetID
NetID is your email address and login ID for USF systems. The following instructions will help you activate your NetID so that you can access USF systems.
- Click the URL netid.usf.edu
- Click Activate your NetID.
- Choose from the following: USF ID Number. Email address. If Your NetID Already ExistsYou will be given the option to look up your NetID or change your NetID password and you do not have to finish steps 4 – 9.
- Read the “USF Computer and Networking Access Agreement”.
- Select a NetID from the six options provided.
- Click Submit.
- Create a password for the selected NetID based on the provided password requirements.
- Re-enter the password to confirm.
- Click Submit.
A confirmation of your NetID and U-number will be provided. It may take up to one hour for the activation to be completed.
How to reset your password
- Go to netid.usf.edu
- Click on Change your NetID Password.
- Log in using your USF email and password.
- Enter your old password in the old password field.
- Enter your new password in both new password fields.
- Click Submit.
Setting up password recovery options
- Go to netid.usf.edu
- Click on the Setup Password Recovery Options link
- Sign in with your USF email (email@example.com) and your password
- Click Set it up now or Change next to the option you want to setup (pictured below)
- You must set up at least one of the available options.
- Enter the information that the option asks for
- Click the Finish button (pictured below)
The University Web Portal, MyUSF, is the entryway to your courses on USF Canvas.
How to access usf canvas within MyUSF
The MyUSF portal is a consolidation of online services provided via the web for USF faculty, staff, and students. Some of these services include: Canvas, OASIS, USF communities and organizations online, access to email, libraries, Campus Bookstore, and many more student services and resources. To gain access to MyUSF portal, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Apply for your USF ID card
The USFCard (identification card) is a requirement for all distance learning students enrolled at the University of South Florida. The USFCard is the official identification card of the University of South Florida.
The USFCard is a multi-functional card with digitized photo and electronic identification and validation for departments to verify student and/or employee status. The USFCard was designed as a platform for a multitude of services and functions.
New students should request their initial USFCard through MyBullsPath, or directly at the USFCard Request Site.
All other requests, including card replacements, should be placed online at the USFCard Request Site.
Step 2: Activate your NetID
The Net ID is a secure login required to access the MyUSF Portal (the gateway to your course in Canvas). To get your Net ID, go to: netid.usf.edu/una and click on “Activate your USF NetID.”
- Enter your First and Last Names in the fields provided.
- Click the primary identification item you wish to use (U-number or USF ID card number).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will then be given your NetID and in the following step asked to create a password for your account.
- Write down your Net ID and password.
Step 3: Sign in to MyUSF
MyUSF Portal is at my.usf.edu (Use your Net ID and Password from Step 2 to log in).
University of San Francisco student portal
The University of San Francisco, California (USFCA) student portal is also known as myUSF.
To log in, navigate to myusf.usfca.edu, click on the LOG IN link at the top right. On the log-in page, enter your username and password to log in.
How to set up MyUSF account – usfca students
Here’s how you set up your myUSF account:
- Go to myusf.usfca.edu/caslogin and enter the username provided in your admission letter in the Username box.
- Leave the password box blank (your USF ID number is NOT your password).
- Click on “Problems signing in?”
- Select “Reset Password.”
- You will be asked to retype your username.
- The next screen will ask for a code. Check your email for a code from firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to check your spam folder, too.
- Enter the temporary code in the box.
- You will be guided through the steps to create a new password.