UAB Blazernet is the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s student information portal. UAB students can log in to register, check their grades, access UAB canvas, etc.
Table of Contents
How to log into UAB blazernet
To log into UAB Blazernet, you’ll need your BlazerID and password.
- Navigate to ssb.it.uab.edu.
- Enter your BlazerID.
- Then enter your case-sensitive password.
- Click on the Log in button to access your account.
Your BlazerID is the username for accessing many of UAB’s services and online resources. If you are unsure about whether you already have a BlazerID, click on the Do I Have a BlazerID? link or if you would like more information before setting up your BlazerID, keep reading.
To activate your BlazerID, you will need to provide some information and choose a password. If you have forgotten your Blazerid password, go to uab.edu/password to reset your password.
What is a BlazerID?
A BlazerID is a computer login name that the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) has deployed campus-wide. It is roughly equivalent to the screenname/”buddy list”/username identifier you may have used to access online services such as Google, Yahoo, or America Online.
Why do I need a BlazerID?
Many of the network and computer resources at UAB such as UAB Blazernet and Canvas accept or require a BlazerID for login, and the goal is to ultimately have your BlazerID serve as the sole identifier that allows you to securely access all of UAB’s online information services and portals.
What services require a BlazerID?
Most major administrative and academic online services on the UAB campus now require that you have a BlazerID. Some examples
- login to the UAB BlazerNET portal
- access to the ResNet residence hall wired network
- most departmental computer labs
- class mailing lists, and to receive important information e-mailed from your department, school, and designated UAB support areas
What is the connection between my BlazerID and @uab.edu address?
The BlazerID is the username (i.e., the part before @) portion of your @uab.edu address. When you register your BlazerID, you are given the option of designating a mailbox or setting up a UAB e-mail account where you would like to receive your mail.
After that, when someone sends mail to your @uab.edu address, it will be automatically forwarded to that mailbox. You can reroute this forwarding at any time by using the Change E-mail Preferences screen at BlazerID Central, www.uab.edu/blazerid.
How do I get a BlazerID?
To get a BlazerID, you must be associated with UAB as a past, present, or incoming employee or student (students who last attended before 1982 may not be in the computer records). If you are not (or have not been) affiliated with UAB as an employee or student, then you cannot get a BlazerID; there are no exceptions to this rule.
If you try to register a BlazerID, and the system reports that it cannot find you in our records, then the paperwork may not have cleared yet to get you into the system — try again in a day or two. If the problem persists, click on the Need Help? link on the left to request assistance.
Before trying to register or activate a BlazerID, you need to stop for a moment and carefully consider your choices for both your BlazerID and password.
How do I change my BlazerID? Can I make a new one?
You cannot change your BlazerID once it has been set. However, you can use the Mail Only Alias option in place of your BlazerID.
To set your mail alias,
- Navigate to the electronic phonebook uab.edu/phonebook.
- Click on the Change Information button.
- This will bring you to a login screen. Enter your BlazerID and password.
- Once you login, you’ll see a screen listing your information. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to the last item on the page: Mail-only aliases. Click the Add/Change link.
- In the box that appears below, enter a new alias and hit Change! Aliases can be up to 16 letters or numbers in length, including upper and lower case. Note: Aliases are only used for mail delivery. You will still need to enter your BlazerID to access the systems across campus (i.e. – Oracle, UAB BlazerNET, Banner, Blackboard, etc.).
- Once you’ve entered your new mail alias, you’ll need to select the display button out beside your new alias and hit Change! again. Then click the View Entry button at the top of the page to review your changes.
- Your mail alias is now setup. Remember to continue to use your BlazerID, not your mail-only alias, to login into systems across campus.
How to access uab canvas
UAB Canvas is the learning management system (LMS) used at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. It provides a great place for UAB students and faculty to create, organize, and implement course content, assignments, quizzes, discussions, files, and more.
To access UAB Canvas,
- Naviagate to uab.instructure.com.
- You’ll be taken to the UAB Central Authentication System
- Enter your BlazerID and Password.
- Click Log in to access your courses.