UM Learn is the University of Manitoba’s learning management system (LMS) and is used to support the delivery of face-to-face, online and blended courses.
UM Learn is a solution used at Umanitoba to distribute course materials, collect assignments, deliver quizzes/surveys, and have advanced grading capabilities including rubrics and a grade book.
Table of Contents
How to log into UM Learn
To log in;
- Navigate to universityofmanitoba.desire2learn.com.
- Click on the “UM Learn Login” button.
- On the new login page, enter your UM email address.
- Enter your password.
- Click “Sign in” or press Enter.
UM Learn Login Changed. After this system refresh, UM Learn will require you to use your UM email address instead of your UMNetID to log in.
How to access your course in UM Learn
To access your course:
- Log in to UM Learn using your email address and password.
- Scroll down the page until you see the “My Courses” widget where each course is represented by an image.
- If needed, click “List all courses” to see courses that do not appear in the list.
- Further, if you need to search, you can use the Advanced Search option to find the course.
- Once you find the course, click on the image or course name to access the course.
How to view your final grades in U of M Aurora
- Go to Aurora Student
- Click on “Enter Secure Area”
- Follow the login instructions (Your user ID is your student number)
- Click on the “Enrolment & Academic Records” tab
- Click on “Student Records”
- Click on “Academic Transcript”
- Click on “View Web Transcript” then hit “Submit”
- Your final grade(s) will appear. Note: this is not an official transcript.
How to VW from a course at U of M
A Voluntary Withdrawal (VW) is the discontinuation of studies in a class after the end of the revision period. It means you will not get credit for the work you have done and you will not receive any tuition refunds; VW will appear on your official transcript.
You must officially withdraw from a class using Aurora Student on or before the end of the VW deadline. If you stop attending lectures or do not pay your tuition fees, you are not automatically withdrawn.
You should always see an advisor before proceeding with a VW as it should never be your first recourse when you have concerns. A VW can affect student loan eligibility, on-campus residence eligibility, and scholarship eligibility.
To VW from a course using Aurora student;
- Log onto Aurora
- Click on Registration
- Click on Add or Drop Classes
- Select the term of the course you are registered in*
- A list of courses that you are registered in will appear. Choose the course you would like to voluntarily withdraw from. On the Action column, from the dropdown menu select Voluntary Withdrawal Web**
- Click Submit Changes.
Students who have holds on their accounts may not withdraw from courses. Consult a representative in your home faculty for assistance.
What is UM Learn?
UM Learn is the University of Manitoba’s learning management system for the delivery of online, face-to-face, and remote courses. In UM Learn, you can: Access your online course(s) and course materials. View grades for your assignments, quizzes, and mid-term exams. You can also Communicate with your course instructor.
How to log into UM Learn?
Click on UM Learn Login button. On the new login page, enter your UM email address. Enter your password. Click Sign-in or press Enter.
What is your UMNetID?
An UMNetID is an account name that uniquely identifies you as a member of the U of M community. It is visible in business systems and reports and may be viewed by university staff. Your UMNetID and password are your online credentials and allow you to access various online services and systems such as JUMP, UM Learn, E-Mail, and WIFI.
How do I claim UMnetID?
Visit u003ca aria-label=u0022https://signum.umanitoba.ca/ (opens in a new tab)u0022 href=u0022https://signum.umanitoba.ca/ u0022 target=u0022_blanku0022 rel=u0022noreferrer noopeneru0022 class=u0022rank-math-linku0022u003esignum.umanitoba.ca u003c/au003eand click ‘Create UMnetID’. Fill out your last name, student/staff number, and your date of birth. Follow through the next few steps, where you will need to: Read and Accept the Usage Agreement.
How do I change my UM password?
On any internet-connected device, log into signUM at umanitoba.ca/signum, go to u003cstrongu003eSelf-Serviceu003eMy Information,u003c/strongu003e and select “u003cstrongu003eChange Passwordu003c/strongu003e” On a University of Manitoba issued Windows workstation such as a departmental or lab computer, press u003cstrongu003eCTRL+ALT+DELu003c/strongu003e and select “u003cstrongu003eChange a Passwordu003c/strongu003e”
What is voluntary withdrawal?
A Voluntary Withdrawal (VW) is the act of dropping a course following the end of the registration revision period and before the Voluntary Withdrawal deadline. As start dates vary in programs, the Voluntary Withdrawal deadlines also vary by course.