The following uOttawa important dates and deadlines apply to the entire student population, whether you are studying at the undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral level.
Dates may vary for certain programs (Education, Common Law, Civil Law, Engineering, Medicine, MBA, Master of Health Administration (MHA), Health Sciences, etc.) and for work terms.
Check out the uOttawa calendar 2022-2023 below to find out more about important dates and deadlines for the various semesters.
uOttawa important dates fall 2022
Check out the uOttawa enrollment dates and other important dates and deadlines on the uOttawa academic calendar.
- The first day of enrollment for regular undergraduate students is May 24, 2022, starting at 8 a.m for the first year and newly-admitted students coming from CÉGEP or college.
- The first day of enrollment for regular undergraduate fourth-year students is May 31, 2022, starting at 8 a.m. Having successfully completed at least 81 units.
- The first day of enrollment for regular undergraduate third-year students is June 14, 2022, starting at 8 a.m. Having successfully completed at least 54 units.
- The first day of enrollment for regular undergraduate second-year students is June 16, 2022, starting at 8 a.m. (having successfully completed at least 24 units*).
- The first day to enroll for graduate students is June 21, 2022, starting at 8 a.m.
- The first day to enroll for Common Law and second, third-year Civil Law students is June 21, 2022, starting at 10 a.m. Civil Law students must have successfully completed at least 24 units.
- The first day of enrollment for the Faculty of Education is June 23, 2022, starting at 8 a.m.
- The period of opting out of health and dental insurance (graduate students) is from August 1 2022 to October 1 2022.
- The first day to enroll for special students transferring units (credits) and uOttawa-Carleton exchange students is August 16, 2022, starting at 9 a.m.
- The first day to enroll as special students for undergraduate students and graduate students is August 23, 2022, one minute past midnight. For graduate students, please contact the relevant academic unit for more information on enrolment procedures.
- uOttawa fall term 2022 starts on September 1, 2022.
- Labour Day holiday is September 5, 2022.
- Starting Point (mandatory activities in academic units to welcome all students is on September 6, 2022.
- uOttawa fall classes begin on September 7, 2022.
- The last day to register for a degree for Fall 2022 Convocation is September 15, 2022.
- The last day to enroll and to change course selection is September 20, 2022.
- The last day to change student status (regular/auditor) is September 20, 2022.
- The last day to request a leave of absence (graduate studies) is September 30, 2022.
- September 30, 2022, is the last day to withdraw from a course or an activity and receive financial credit (less administrative fees).
- The last day to pay tuition fees without late fees is September 30, 2022. Consult the fee payment section of the Financial Resources website.
- September 30 2022 is the last day to receive a full refund on your U-Pass. After this date, reimbursements are pro-rated.
- The Thanksgiving holiday is October 10, 2022.
- uOttawa reading week 2022 is from October 23 2022 to 29 2022. No classes in programs at the faculties of Arts, Law, Engineering, Medicine (except for the M.D. program), Health Sciences, Science and Social Sciences, and at the Telfer School of Management.
- Fall 2022 Convocation is November 6, 2022.
- November 18, 2022, is the last day to withdraw from a course or an activity (no financial credit).
- The last day for eligible French immersion students to identify their courses to be evaluated with “Satisfactory/Not satisfactory” grades is November 18, 2022.
- Fall classes end on December 7, 2022.
- Study break is December 8, 2022. There is no study break for students in the MD Program.
- Exam period is from December 9 2022 to December 22, 2022. Exams are scheduled during the week and on the weekend, both during the day and in the evening.
- Chrismas Holiday break is from 5 p.m. on December 22, 2022, to 8:45 a.m. on January 3, 2023.
- Official final grades for the Fall term are posted on January 18, 2023.
- Official academic standings are posted on January 25, 2023.
- The last day to submit a request for a grade review for a final exam is February 1, 2023. For information on grade reviews and appeals, please consult the appropriate academic regulations.
- February 19 2023 to February 25 2023 is the deferred exam period for faculties of Arts, Civil Law, Engineering, Science, Social Sciences and at the Telfer School of Management. Contact your faculty for exam dates.
- February 19 2023 to February 25 2023 is the deferred and supplemental exam period for 1000-level anatomy (ANP) courses.
Visit the University of Ottawa calendar page for more on uOttawa important dates.