My USC portal allows students to access many University of Southern California online services through their USC NetID account.
The new version has been optimized for mobile devices and includes more customization options so students can place the information they need at their fingertips.
Table of Contents
How to log into my USC
To access USC login portal,
- Navigate to my.usc.edu.
- On the login page, enter your USC NetID (Username).
- Enter your password.
- Click Sign In to access your account.
How to activate your USC NetID
Your USC NetID is a username that signs you into central USC online tools and resources, including the wireless network, My USC, Blackboard, Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, Trojan Time, and Workday.
All USC faculty, staff, and students receive a USC NetID account, also known as your Shibboleth or enterprise account. Some USC schools and departments maintain local systems that are not dependent on the USC NetID account.
- To activate Your USC NetID,
- Go to itservices.usc.edu/uscnetid and click on “Activate your USC NetID”
- Input your 10 digit USC NetID and date of birth. Then click “Find USCnet ID Username”.
- Locate your USC NetID and click on the name then click “Activate this NetID”.
- Enter your secondary email address and click “Set email address”.
- Check your email for your secondary email account and copy then paste the confirmation code in the area provided. Click “confirm secondary email”
- Enter a password for your USC NetID account and click “Save Password”.
How to change your USC NetID or email password
To change your USC NetID password, complete the following steps.
- Go to itservices.usc.edu/uscnetid/.
- Click on “Change Your Password” on the site page.
- Enter current USC NetID and password.
- Create a new password on the “Change your Password” page. Your new password must contain a minimum of 16 to 64 characters.
- Once you have changed your password, you will not need to change it again for one year.
my USC registration basic steps and instructions
Here are the steps in registering for courses via my USC. Refer to the USC Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines.
- Obtain your registration appointment time on my USC.
- Correct or confirm your address and make any necessary changes before attempting to register for classes. You can access your address record through my USC.
- Meet with your academic adviser to plan your schedule, if necessary.
- Contact your department and arrange for “D” clearance and/or prerequisite waivers.
- Clear any restrictions indicated on the Permit to Register, including any mandatory advisement requirement.
- Log in to my USC and use Web Registration (usc.edu/webregistration) to enroll in classes or make changes to your schedule.
- Purchase your USCard, parking permit and any other services to be charged to your student account.
- Log in to your Financial Aid Summary and Tasks (FAST) page to determine the status of your financial aid or to review your Financial Aid Summary.
- If your financial aid eligibility includes Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, and you wish to borrow from these programs, complete the application steps detailed at financialaid.usc.edu/loans.
- E-sign your Promissory Note for HPSL, LDS, PCL, and/or USC institutional loans by visiting the Student Financial Services website.
- Graduate students: Complete the steps necessary to apply for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, listed at financialaid.usc.edu/loans if you wish to borrow from this program.
- Undergraduates: Ensure your parents complete the steps necessary to apply for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan at financialaid.usc.edu/loans if they wish to borrow from this program.
- Apply for the USC Payment Plan or Tuition Reimbursement Deferment (offered by Student Financial Services) using the e.pay feature.
- Settle your bill with the Cashier’s Office. All students must register and settle their bills entirely by the settlement deadline to avoid late fees.